CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT ATI
Admin Assistant (Finance)
The African Trade Insurance Agency (“ATI”) is a pan-African multilateral financial institution established in 2001 by African States. ATI was originally launched with the technical and financial support from the World Bank Group and has had more recent support from the African Development Bank. ATI has grown into a market leader for risk mitigation in Africa, establishing itself as Africa’s primary trade and investment insurer and one of Africa’s largest Development Finance Institutions with an outstanding portfolio exceeding US$6bn at year end 2019.
ATI provides political and credit risk insurance to companies, investors and lenders doing business in Africa. For over a decade, ATI has maintained an A rating for Financial Strength and Counterparty Credit by Standard & Poor’s, and in 2019 obtained a second A3/Stable rating from Moody’s. ATI’s membership includes African Member States as well as a number of corporate and institutional shareholders. Besides its head office in Nairobi, ATI currently has offices in Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
Working at ATI offers unique career opportunities. Candidates are invited to apply for the following open positions:
Job Description – Admin Assistant (Finance)
Under the supervision of, and reporting to the Senior Administrative & Procurement Officer, the functions and duties shall be as follows:
- Timely process and submit VAT exemption applications to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and Kenya
- Revenue Authority (KRA) and proactively follow up on approvals of the applications
- Perform protocol/logistical functions involving the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Kenya Revenue Authority
- Manage files and filling room
- Manage the stores including receipt, issuance of stock items
- Assist with managing the fixed asset physical inventory
- Assist with the disposal of used/redundant assets
- Supervise the drivers
- Manage the cleaning and security of outsourced services
- Office management including minor maintenance/repair works
- Arrange for banqueting facilities during internal meetings
- Responsible for acquisition and maintenance of records of kitchen supplies
- Assist with staff relocations
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications & Attributes
- University Degree
- Ability to work and draft memos and letters with minimum or no supervision
- At least four years of experience working in a Multilateral Institution
- Experience in dealing with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Kenya Revenue Authority
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Undoubted integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Qualifications, Experience and other Attributes
- The successful candidates must have suitable qualifications, experience and attributes as indicated under the respective job descriptions on ATI’s website. All the roles require excellent communications skills in written and spoken English. Knowledge of French and an ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, will be an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
Please submit an Application Letter, Personal History Form (this may be downloaded from the ATI website), CV, plus details of your current remuneration package along with details of three referees to email@example.com
Also a detailed job description of each role found at ATI’s website http://www.ati-aca.org/about-us/current-opportunities/
The closing date for application is Saturday, 11 July 2020 at Midnight Nairobi time
ATI will only contact those applicants who are being actively considered for an interview
ATI offers a competitive salary and benefits package and a collegial working environment commensurate with other multilaterals.
ATI reserves the right to not make an appointment to the above vacancies, or to make an appointment at a slightly higher or lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.