CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT ATI
The African Trade Insurance Agency (“ATI”) is a pan-African multilateral financial institution established in 2001 by African States. ATI was originally launched with the technical and financial support from the World Bank Group and has had more recent support from the African Development Bank. ATI has grown into a market leader for risk mitigation in Africa, establishing itself as Africa’s primary trade and investment insurer and one of Africa’s largest Development Finance Institutions with an outstanding portfolio exceeding US$6bn at year end 2019.
ATI provides political and credit risk insurance to companies, investors and lenders doing business in Africa. For over a decade, ATI has maintained an A rating for Financial Strength and Counterparty Credit by Standard & Poor’s, and in 2019 obtained a second A3/Stable rating from Moody’s. ATI’s membership includes African Member States as well as a number of corporate and institutional shareholders. Besides its head office in Nairobi, ATI currently has offices in Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
Working at ATI offers unique career opportunities. Candidates are invited to apply for the following open positions:
Job Description – Senior Actuary
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, the role will also support both the Finance and the Underwriting departments and will help on risk analysis, stress testing, reserving, pricing and implementation of IFRS17.
- Develop or improve claims reserving methodologies
- Develop and maintain a reliable statistical database
- Develop a stress-testing model and conduct regular stress tests
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Develop or improve ATI’s pricing model and monitor pricing adequacy for ATI’s overall book of business
- Assist with presentation of rate impacts to key stakeholders including senior management and ATI’s major accounts
- Help optimize ATI’s reinsurance program
- Establish and document actuarial procedures and methodologies
- Provide data, analysis and support to various external and internal customers; including auditors, reinsurers and reinsurance brokers, when required
- Stay abreast of trends and innovations in the actuarial profession related to pricing, reserving, credit and related areas
- Develop a thorough understanding of IFRS 17 requirements from both an actuarial and accounting perspective
Advise and provide the necessary support on the IFRS 17 implementation project and proactively participate in the implementation of an IFRS 17 tool
Coach other staff on the use and interpretation of standard actuarial procedures in the risk, underwriting, claims and finance departments
Qualifications & Attributes
- Qualified Actuary
- 6-8 years of experience in actuarial field, including supporting actuarial reserving, pricing or financial modeling in the financial sector, related to Corporate or Commercial Insurance. This experience period may include some time spent completing the qualification process
- Experience obtained in corporate or commercial banking or Insurance firms
- A combination of education and experience demonstrating the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the work will also be considered
- Familiarity with appropriate data analytics tools
- Ability to deliver timely, organized and consistent results
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Written and oral English is pre-requisite
- French language proficiency is an added advantage
Qualifications, Experience and other Attributes
- The successful candidates must have suitable qualifications, experience and attributes as indicated under the respective job descriptions on ATI’s website. All the roles require excellent communications skills in written and spoken English. Knowledge of French and an ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, will be an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
Also a detailed job description of each role found at ATI’s website http://www.ati-aca.org/about-us/current-opportunities/
The closing date for application is Saturday, 11 July 2020 at Midnight Nairobi time
ATI will only contact those applicants who are being actively considered for an interview
ATI offers a competitive salary and benefits package and a collegial working environment commensurate with other multilaterals. ATI reserves the right to not make an appointment to the above vacancies, or to make an appointment at a slightly higher or lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.