CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT ATI
Technical Accountant Assistant
The African Trade Insurance Agency (“ATI”) is a pan-African multilateral financial institution established in 2001 by African States. ATI was originally launched with the technical and financial support from the World Bank Group and has had more recent support from the African Development Bank. ATI has grown into a market leader for risk mitigation in Africa, establishing itself as Africa’s primary trade and investment insurer and one of Africa’s largest Development Finance Institutions with an outstanding portfolio exceeding US$6bn at year end 2019.
ATI provides political and credit risk insurance to companies, investors and lenders doing business in Africa. For over a decade, ATI has maintained an A rating for Financial Strength and Counterparty Credit by Standard & Poor’s, and in 2019 obtained a second A3/Stable rating from Moody’s. ATI’s membership includes African Member States as well as a number of corporate and institutional shareholders. Besides its head office in Nairobi, ATI currently has offices in Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
Working at ATI offers unique career opportunities. Candidates are invited to apply for the following open positions:
Technical Accountant Assistant
Your main role will be to assist the Technical Accountant in the maintenance of accurate technical accounts, as per approved policies and procedures.
- Assist in processing all the business transactions from the underwriting department ensuring that the premium, commissions, acquisition costs and reinsurance premiums are captured accurately
- Ensure proper filing and safe custody of accounting documents
- Assist in reconciling reinsurance treaty returns with the accounting records before processing the payments
- Assist on reinsurers and brokers’ payments and ensuring proper allocation of payments
- Assist in allocating premium receipts
- Assist in analyzing premium receipts and in determining any available free cash for investment purposes
- Perform bank reconciliations for premium and any other technical accounts
- Assist in booking bad debts
- Assist in requesting third-party statements and performing third-party reconciliations when possible
- Handle cash (petty cash, per diems, cash withdrawals & remittances) and cash deposits
- Assist in managing travel expenses
- Attend to audit queries as and when required
- Perform basic book keeping functions as may be requested
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor of Commerce degree in Accounting or Finance
- Holds or working towards a Professional accounting qualification e.g. CPA, ACCA, CIMA
- At least two (2) or three (3) years of relevant experience
- Experience in the insurance sector would be an added advantage
Skills and attributes
- Basic knowledge of IFRS and accounting procedures
- Familiarity with accounting systems, preferably SAGE
- High degree of honesty and integrity
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work cohesively to achieve results through teamwork
- Computer literacy and familiarity with accounting systems, Excel and the other standard office computer applications.
- Good written communication skills
- Qualifications, Experience and other Attributes
- The successful candidates must have suitable qualifications, experience and attributes as indicated under the respective job descriptions on ATI’s website. All the roles require excellent communications skills in written and spoken English. Knowledge of French and an ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, will be an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
Also a detailed job description of each role found at ATI’s website http://www.ati-aca.org/about-us/current-opportunities/
The closing date for application is Saturday, 11 July 2020 at Midnight Nairobi time
ATI will only contact those applicants who are being actively considered for an interview
ATI offers a competitive salary and benefits package and a collegial working environment commensurate with other multilaterals. ATI reserves the right to not make an appointment to the above vacancies, or to make an appointment at a slightly higher or lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.