Aga Khan Health Services Tanzania (AKHST) – an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) is a non-profit international organization that supports social development programs in Tanzania completed a major expansion to position the institution to become a leading and integrated tertiary and teaching health care system in Tanzania. As part of its health systems strengthening initiatives in working with and supporting Government Health Programmes. AKHST and (AFD) are partnering on a new innovative comprehensive cancer project aiming at strengthening cancer care in Tanzania through PPP with Tanzanian-based CCP partners: (Ministry of Health. Community Development. Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC), Ocean Road Cancer Research Institute (ORCI). Bugando Medical Centre (BMC) and Muhimbili National Hospital with technical support from Institute Curie in delivering a full range of cancer services. The Tanzania Comprehensive Cancer Project (TCCP). proposed high-quality, evidence-based comprehensive initiative aimed at reducing the burden of cancer morbidity and mortality in two target regions (Dar es Salaam and Mwanza). The project’s 4 major components include a) Improve and expand existing oncology infrastructure to provide more comprehensive oncology care through health systems strengthening, b) build the capacity of staff in participating institutions to provide high quality cancer care by trained specialists, and tram and retain local professionals through accredited programs: c) strengthen community cancer care practices by delivering affordable, comprehensive health care services for preventive services including primary prevention, screening, and early detection and d) develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders and participating institutions on joint research agenda and initiatives
AKHST is seeking the following health professionals and administrative positions to be part of this exciting project:
Finance Officer – (1 POSITION)
The incumbent will be responsible for establishing payment systems and processes to enable timely and accurate delivery of monthly account management and budget information. He or she will be involved in annual budget activities, complete retirements, accountable for monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting, provide ongoing support and direction for budget holders of the project, investigate and report variances, develop robust financial program management processes, cost modeling and estimation of capital and operational cost for project deliverables and work packages.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in accounts, finance or relevant fields.
- CPA certificate will be an added advantage
- Two years working experience in relevant field
- Excellent data consolidation and reporting skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- A high level of motivation and ability to work independently as well as part of a team desirable.
- Demonstrated experience managing data and finances.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to solve issues in financial management accounting and financial services.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: email@example.com WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. O. BOX 2289. OCEAN ROAD. DAR ES SALAAM.
- PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.