Aga Khan Health Services Tanzania (AKHST) – an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) is a non-profit international organization that supports social development programs in Tanzania completed a major expansion to position the institution to become a leading and integrated tertiary and teaching health care system in Tanzania. As part of its health systems strengthening initiatives in working with and supporting Government Health Programmes. AKHST and (AFD) are partnering on a new innovative comprehensive cancer project aiming at strengthening cancer care in Tanzania through PPP with Tanzanian-based CCP partners: (Ministry of Health. Community Development. Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC), Ocean Road Cancer Research Institute (ORCI). Bugando Medical Centre (BMC) and Muhimbili National Hospital with technical support from Institute Curie in delivering a full range of cancer services. The Tanzania Comprehensive Cancer Project (TCCP). proposed high-quality, evidence-based comprehensive initiative aimed at reducing the burden of cancer morbidity and mortality in two target regions (Dar es Salaam and Mwanza). The project’s 4 major components include a) Improve and expand existing oncology infrastructure to provide more comprehensive oncology care through health systems strengthening, b) build the capacity of staff in participating institutions to provide high quality cancer care by trained specialists, and tram and retain local professionals through accredited programs: c) strengthen community cancer care practices by delivering affordable, comprehensive health care services for preventive services including primary prevention, screening, and early detection and d) develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders and participating institutions on joint research agenda and initiatives
AKHST is seeking the following health professionals and administrative positions to be part of this exciting project:
PROJECT MANAGER – (1 POSITION)
An experience and professional manager preferably an Oncologist with 10 years of experience is required to be accountable for providing strategic, programmatic and operational leadership and direction for the TCCP, leading day-to-day operations, including directing, organizing, planning, and resource management. Specific areas of responsibility include staff supervision, collaborating with the partners, performance improvement. The Project Manager has a leadership role in building relationships, coordinating patient care and creating and sustaining a positive context for the cancer project. This individual is also responsible for effectively interacting with other stakeholders of the joint venture partnership in Tanzania.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Oncology/board certified or fellow of their respective colleges in related field.
- Super specialty training of fellowship will be an added advantage
- MD/ MBBS ( Bachelor of Medicine and/or Bachelor of Surgery )
- Certificate of Full Registration from Medical Council of Tanganyika
- Valid Retention Certificate from Medical Council of Tanganyika
- Demonstrated record of excellent clinical skills, a talent for teaching and interest in medical education
- Demonstrated record of high quality medical research and collaborative research teams
- Strategic and innovative thinking skills and the ability to foster interdisciplinary collaboration
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and to work flexibly with multiple reporting relationships.
- At least 3 years working experience post Master’s Degree.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: email@example.com WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. O. BOX 2289. OCEAN ROAD. DAR ES SALAAM.
- PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.