Tittle: Product Development Engineer (Electrical / Computer Engineering) [ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Consulting , Category: Science & Engneering ]
Jobs at: AIM GROUP
Deadline of this Job: 15 June 2019
Duty Station: Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
- Evidence of designing and programming working electronic systems and manufacturing working PCBs to solve a design challenge.
- Evidence integrating sensors, actuators and controllers to create embedded systems.
- Ability to research, develop and select ideas and concepts to best solve a design challenge.
- Experience with breadboarding.
- Ability to understand and apply information from datasheets.
- Experience programming microcontrollers such as Arduino.
- Proficient in C and C++.
- Experience with EAGLE or similar PCB design software.
- Ability to integrate communications such as WiFi, Bluetooth and cellular technologies into electronic systems.
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams of user experience designers and mechanical, electrical and software engineers.
- Graduates or current students of Electronics and Telecommunications, Electrical or Computer Engineering degrees or equivalent graduating before or in 2020.
- Interact with and understand the needs of target users and customers.
- Research ideas and technologies to solve user needs.
- Create and develop product ideas to solve user needs.
- Breadboard and program working electronic systems for product concepts using electronic components and microcontrollers.
- Design PCB boards using EAGLE or similar software.
- Test electronic components / interface electronic components with computers
- Create manufacturing plans and financials.
- Build relationships with suppliers inside and outside of Tanzania.
- Collaborate with mechanical and software engineers.
Desired Skills and Experience
- User-Centered or Human-Centered Design
- Ability to design power systems for embedded systems.
- Experience programming microprocessors such as Raspberry Pi.
- Experience writing mobile or computer applications using Microsoft Visual Studio or Android Studio.
- Experience with communication interfaces such as USB and RS-232.
- Experience integrating hardware devices from different brands together with computer and software systems.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click ”APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.