Vacancy title: Product Development Engineer (Mechanical) [ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Consulting , Category: Science & Engneering ]
Jobs at: Aim Group
Deadline of this Job:15th June 2019
Duty Station:Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
AIM Group is exploring the design and manufacture of physical products for Tanzania’s retail and telecommunications. As an electronics engineer, you will be involved in the research, design, manufacturing and testing of physical prototypes, and potentially bringing your own designs to market for two of our projects. If this final prototype is viable, AIM Group will consider establishing its own product development team / department for physical products, being one of the first companies in Tanzania to do so.
AIM Group, is looking to take on two new interns for our Product Development Engineering Team. We’re currently looking for a mechanical engineering and a electronics/computer engineering intern. The internship period will last three months, and interns will be receive a transportation allowance of 450,000 TSH per month..
- Interact with and understand the needs of target users and customers.
- Research ideas and technologies to solve user needs.
- Create and develop product ideas to solve user needs.
- Create CAD models of product concepts using AutoCAD or SOLIDWORKS.
- Identify appropriate materials for product concepts.
- Manufacture working prototypes using workshop tools and rapid manufacturing tools such as 3D printers and CNC machines.
- Create manufacturing plans and financials.
- Build working relationships with manufacturers and suppliers inside and outside of Tanzania.
- Collaborate with electronics and software engineers.
- Evidence of designing and manufacturing working prototypes and products solving a design challenge.
- Proficient in SOLIDWORKS or AutoCAD
- Ability to research, develop and select ideas and concepts to best solve a design challenge.
- Experience in designing simple mechanical components and systems.
- Experience in identifying appropriate materials based on design needs.
- Understanding of how forces act on bodies and how to determine mechanical failure based on a product’s shape and material.
- Ability to create engineering drawings for manufacturers.
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams of user experience designers and mechanical, electrical and software engineers.
- Graduates or current students of Mechanical Engineering degrees or equivalent graduating before or in 2020.
Desired Skills and Experience
- User-Centered or Human-Centered Design
- Ability to use aesthetic principles such as colour, form and texture to create beautiful products.
- Ability to use ergonomic principles in product design.
- Experience in determining the stresses, strains, deformation and failure of products using FEA Analysis.
- Design for Manufacturing.
- Experience in using and designing for 3D Printers and CNC machines.
- Ability to create manufacturing plans and financials.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click ”APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.