Position Title: Community Service Officers (2)
Location/Work Station: Tanga
Reports to: Community Services Advisor
The focus of the Community services to strengthen referrals and linkage from testing services
to enrolment , retention and adherence to ART in the firths 12 months in respective Districts
with frequent technical advice and guidance from the project Community services Advisor
Specific responsibilities and duties:
- Assist the Community linkage tracking ad in strengthening linkage to HIV care through use of the expert client’s peer navigators to physically escort newly diagnosed PLHIV to the CTC.
- Strengthen bidirectional referrals from community HIV testing services and follow up of partners of index clients at the facility.
- Strengthen Linkage and retention of clients in treatment including identification and operationalization of community-based ART delivery models that are flexible and responsive to the needs of PLHIV (using CHW and stable clients).
- Support adherence and improve community support groups to support PLHlVs adherence to ART and TB medication
- Provide linkage of PLHIV to the economic strengthening and life skills training
- Assist the community linkage advisor in the implementation of community programs specifically on engagement of community health workers on tracing of defaulters to the loss to follow up of pre
- ART and ART clients through improving evidence linkages between health facilities and community.
- Responsible with achievement of agreed targets and outputs of HIV care and support at community level
- Collaborate with CHMTs to identify training needs for community health workers and organize basic and refresher trainings using currently
- Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Medical /Social Sciences Degree
- Proven critical analysis skills and report writing skills
- At least 3 years of hands on experiences at a senior position in community based program NGO which is active in health development
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding Clients health status and sensitive information in data sources
- Good interpersonal and people management skills a team player and builder
- Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS September 15, 2019. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position failure to do that your application may not be retrieved.
Click “APPLY FRO JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Amref Health Africa
Amref Health Africa is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health Africa has over 1000 employees throughout Africa with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Amref Health Africa has offices in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, and South Africa, Malawi, Zambia, South Sudan and Senegal and a number of offices in Europe and North America for fundraising. Amref Health Africa-Tanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, Water and sanitation, e learning programme and clinical outreach.