Position Title: Regional Community Service Coordinator
Location/Work Station: Tanga,
Reports to: Community Services Advisor
The focus of the Regional Community Services Coordinator is to strengthen and coordinate the
rapid implementation of a PEPFAR funded, comprehensive, community-based HIV prevention,
testing, linkage, and retention services project targeting key vulnerable populations (KVP) in Tanga region. He/she will provide leadership in engaging Community stakeholders including collaborating with R/CHMT to support community based services, with technical advice and guidance from the Community Services Advisor
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead and manage field staff working on the community-based HIV prevention project reaching KVP in Tanga region
- Plan and coordinate all meetings and trainings
- Develop annual and quarterly work plans and supervise implementation at the regional level to ensure all targets are met
- Implement community test-and-treat strategies and identify gaps to improve uptake of treatment initiation and linkage to care among targeted populations.
- Coordinate the provision of the Linkage Case Management (LCM) services
- Organize the orientation of the local government authorities and other stakeholders about the community-based HIV prevention project
- Organize the training/orientation of healthcare workers in the selected health facilities on the community-based HIV prevention project
- Liaise with regional authorities and stakeholders as the representative for Amref regional office for Community services technical and supportive guidance
- Participate in the development of the referral network model between the communitybased outreach and health facility services
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategies to improve the provision of comprehensive community-based services including opportunistic infection, TB, STI screening, family planning (FP) needs assessment and referrals.
- Participate in the development and implementation of innovative approaches for index testing.
Coordinate and conduct mapping of hot spots and size estimation where KVP including adolescent girls and young women are found
- Collaborate with organizations for execution of sub-agreements and service agreements
- Supervise the recruitment and training of community outreach Volunteers (COV) and lay counselors from peer groups to implement the outreach services.
- Supervise the recruitment and training of Community Expert Client (CEC) to implement the linkage Case
- Management Services (LCM) and Tracking
- Mentor and supervise community outreach Volunteers and Community Expert Client regularly and frequently during outreach sessions and lead regular meetings
- Ensure adequate data collection and timely, complete and clean reporting of regional data to the central level
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Medical or Social Science Degree or Master’s
- Experience working with the Regional and Local Government authorities
- Proven relationship building skills as well as in facilitation , leadership and Coordination
- Proven critical analysis skills and report writing skills
- At least 4 years of hands on experiences at a senior position in community based program NGO which is active in health development
- Good interpersonal and people management skills a team player and builder
- Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS September 15, 2019. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position failure to do that your application may not be retrieved.
About Amref Health Africa
Amref Health Africa is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health Africa has over 1000 employees throughout Africa with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Amref Health Africa has offices in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, and South Africa, Malawi, Zambia, South Sudan and Senegal and a number of offices in Europe and North America for fundraising. Amref Health Africa-Tanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, Water and sanitation, e learning programme and clinical outreach.