This position is responsible for Diagnostic fault finding on mechanical and electrical systems, breakdown repairs and servicing of light vehicles equipment as guided by your immediate supervisor and trainer.
1. Complies with all HS&E policies, procedures and instructions. This includes the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment, prompt reporting of any hazardous situations, which they cannot themselves correct, making the necessary changes to eliminate or control the hazard and reporting immediately any accident or injury which arises in the course of their work.
2. Complies with all company policies and procedures that are displayed and amended from time to time.
3. Takes reasonable care for their own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their acts.
4. Performs pre-start checks and SWICs.
5. Ensuring inspections and maintenance is carried out on all equipment before use.
6. Ensures that all tools are serviceable and safe.
7. Must Work to minimize equipment downtime and maximize productivity.
8. Must carry out standard work place inspection practices and procedures and prepare the areas for drilling, charging or scraping in accordance with mine safety procedures.
9. Maintains a high standard of housekeeping.
10. Liaises with the underground shift supervisor to:
- Ensure all work is done in a safe and efficient manner;
- Advise when items of equipment are out of service and when they can be returned to service.
Key Performance Tasks include:
- Carries out schedule servicing to mobile equipment in a safe manner and in accordance with the service sheet.
- Utilize skill and experience to create minimum downtime on machinery.
- Ensure correct recording of maintenance is achieved.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping in workshop and working areas at all times, ensure all parts are kept at minimum stock levels.
- Read and interpret Service and Spare parts manuals.
- Report all equipment faults to the Maintenance Supervisor / Foreman for scheduling into the workshop.
- Ensure site and maintenance procedures are maintained.
- Assists with training of other trades people to support a constructive team environment.
- Strong background working with underground mobile mining equipment, including, TOYOTA.
- At least 2 years post apprenticeship experience.
- Competent on Auto Electrics and Diesel engine maintenance.
- Willingness to learn to improve skills and gain further experience on mobile equipment.
- Basic First Aid
- Valid Tanzanian Driver’s License;
- Completed secondary school
- Relevant Trade Qualification
- Basic numeracy and verbal/written English
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to AUMS Operations Team, we welcome your interest and encourage you to apply. Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment.
- Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email firstname.lastname@example.org