Position: ACCOUNTS COORDINATOR
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization dedicated to fighting poverty and social injustice with a special emphasis on women and girls. Operating in Tanzania since 1994, CARE Tanzania is part of CARE International, whose vision is to seek a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security. CARE Tanzania and partners contribute to the empowerment of the most marginalized and vulnerable rural women and girls to exercise their rights.
CARE Tanzania seeks to recruit a dynamic qualified and experienced Tanzanian for position of Accounts Coordinator who will be responsible for coordinating recording of accounting transactions in Financial Management system – peoplesoft and ensure general ledgers, sub ledger, accounts payables, receivables accounts are accurate presenting true financial position of CARE International in Tanzania.
S/he is responsible for Treasury management including preparation of Cash forecasting, facilitating payments, deposits and also act as a link of communication with the designated banks to ensure efficiency and smooth flow of bank services.
The Accounts Coordinator have a critical role of ensuring strictly adherence and timely submission of required accounting information (returns), taxes and other statutory payments and claims in accordance with the prescribed law and regulations in Tanzania. This position will also be responsible for coordinating Internal and External audits organized for Donor fund, statutory audits or as may be required. The position will be responsible for performance management of staff under her/his supervision.
The position will be based in Dar es Salaam and will report to the Director of Finance.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors’ Degree in Business Administration or Finance Management and a full professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA, CIMA, ICSA etc. or its equivalent as a’ MUST’ OR Master’s degree in a relevant qualification like Accounting, Finance or an MBA but with bias of Finance or accounting with at least 5 years of relevant professional experience.Additional Qualifications for the positions:
- Ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt to local practices and global standards
- Strong business partnering skills with the ability to work in teams, work at a detailed level and understand the larger picture
- Attention to details, ability to work effectively under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Proactive individual with the ability to offer structured guidance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software with Advance knowledge on Excel application
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.