Position: Post-doctoral Fellow, Bean Program and PABRA
With the aim of giving further support to breeding efforts in three countries in East Africa (Ethiopia, Tanzania, and Uganda) CIAT is seeking a post-doctoral fellow who will join the PABRA team to work within a project titled Accelerating Varietal Improvement and Seed Systems in Africa (AVISA). The position will be located at Arusha, Tanzania where CIAT has other staff stationed in the offices of the national partner, the Tanzania Agricultural Research Institute (TARI).
• Cooperate with crop modelers in the design of Target Populations of Environments (TPE’s) in East Africa .
• Develop and coordinate a system of regional trials of common bean within countries participating in the AVISA project in collaboration with other CIAT bean breeders.
• With NARS and private seed companies partners, establish novel field planting designs and statistical tools for data analysis, in collaboration with statisticians.
• Support the implementation of phenotyping methods as appropriate for specific traits.
• Support the analysis of needs within national programs in light of experience within the Excellence in Breeding Platform and the AVISA project, for the preparation of program improvement proposals.
• Encourage development of co-authored publications by CIAT-PABRA partners
• Represent CIAT –PABRA at regional meetings, providing updated information or presentations on project activities.
• Plan and manage the budget in full accordance with the donors’ and CIAT policies.
• Organize and report the project activities in full accordance with the donors and CIAT-PABRA reporting schedules
• Encourage co-learning and knowledge sharing among PABRA members (CIAT, NARS and private companies).
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.