We are looking for a hardworking Data Scientist to join our all-star team at the Coca-Cola Company. The Data Scientist is responsible for discovering the information hidden in vast amounts of data and supporting the business in making smarter decisions thereby driving significant business efficiencies. The primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, building high quality prediction systems and collaborating with key business stakeholders to optimize and streamline reporting and metrics, and implement solutions to create better business value. You will play a critical role in the growing Data Science Services team, where you will be responsible for developing advanced analytics and machine learning models across domains including: marketing, supply chain optimization, forecasting, digital transformation, and food and beverage science. You will work closely with IT partners, process owners and business stakeholders to deliver impactful data science solutions at significant scale. You will have the opportunity to do your best work every day and deliver disruptive innovation by tapping into new datasets, leveraging the latest cloud technologies, and being supported by a robust analytics and IT organization. If you are strong in decision-making, persuasion and have the right experience for the job, then apply for the position of Data Scientist at Coca-Cola Company today! As a global icon and keeper of the world’s most valuable brand, our boundless opportunities attract the very best experienced professionals, like you. Now more than ever is the time to become part of the Coca-Cola Group. One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviours that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviours,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life by sending your CV and Cover letter for your desired role at the Coca-Cola Company.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• Partner with business and technical stakeholders across the organization to translate challenging business problems into impactful data science solutions.
• Work on the process of translating technical objectives into defined problems that can be solved by applying data science.
• Design algorithms to address current technical problems.
• Collaborate with data engineers, data stewards, product owners and business users to lead projects through the end-to-end data science lifecycle, including: data wrangling, exploratory analysis, hypothesis testing, modeling, rapid prototyping, business validation/testing, and operational deployment.
• Apply a variety of advanced analytical techniques, including: predictive modeling, machine learning, time series analysis, simulation and optimization.
• Uncover new technical problems that need to be solved and support better decision-making.
• Communicate data analysis and insights using rich visualization tools (e.g. Tableau; MicroStrategy; R; Power BI) and leverage data to present compelling cases to optimize solutions.
• Leverage a diverse set of large structured and unstructured data to derive meaningful insights and information sets for modeling
• Communicate complex analytical work to a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Maintain expertise and awareness of emerging data science techniques, technologies and potential business applications for ML/AI.
• Build and maintain a robust library of data science solutions, reusable templates, algorithms and supporting code.
• Perform exploratory data analysis, generate and test working hypothesis, and uncover important trends and relationships.
• Provide expertise on mathematical concepts and inspire adoption of advanced analytics.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
• A recognized Degree in Statistics, IT, Computer science, Engineering, Data science, Maths or a related quantitative discipline.
• Master’s degree in an analytical field such as Data Science, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or Operations Research.
• 5 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
• 1+ years working as a data scientist developing, optimizing and deploying production models
• Working experience applying a range of statistical and modeling techniques including hypothesis testing, dimensionality reduction, supervised learning (classification and regression), forecasting, and unsupervised clustering.
• Working experience in scripting and programming with Python and SQL.
• Working experience in large-scale data wrangling with relational databases and/or Spark.
• Strong aptitude for learning and applying new technologies related to Data Science and Data Management.
• Experience gathering, interpreting and translating business requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate complex analytical concepts and results at multiple levels to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) problems such as text classification and named-entity recognition.
• Communicate data analysis and insights using rich visualization tools.
• Work closely with Centre Of Excellence team members to apply advanced analytics, modelling and simulation to replicate current issues and develop solutions.
• Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience with relational databases, information and insights.
About Coca-Cola Company
The Coca-Cola Company is a multinational beverage corporation. With over 86,200 employees worldwide, best known as the producer of Coca-Cola. The Coca-Cola Company also manufactures, sells, and markets other non-alcoholic beverage concentrates and syrups, and alcoholic beverages. Our mission is to refresh the world in mind, body and spirit. To inspire moments of optimism and happiness through our brands and actions. The Coca-Cola Company distributes coke, diet coke, and other soft drinks worldwide. The company primarily offers nonalcoholic beverages, including sparkling beverages and still beverages. Its sparkling beverages include nonalcoholic ready-to-drink beverages with carbonation such as carbonated energy drinks, and carbonated waters and flavored waters. The company's still beverages comprise nonalcoholic beverages without carbonation, including noncarbonated waters, flavored and enhanced waters, noncarbonated energy drinks, juices and juice drinks, ready-to-drink teas and coffees, and sports drinks. It also provides flavoring ingredients, sweeteners, beverage ingredients, and fountain syrups as well as powders for purified water products. The Coca-Cola Company sells its products primarily under the Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Light, Coca-Cola Zero, Sprite, Fanta, Minute Maid, Powerade, Aquarius, Dasani, Glacéau Vitamin water, Georgia, Simply, Minute Maid Pulpy, Del Valle, Ayataka, Bonaqua/Bonaqa, and Schweppes brand names. Our business is built on people. People who share the mindset to out-perform in everything we do. Combined with our inherent values, it is the foundation of our Coca-Cola culture and enables us to fulfill our purpose.