We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Accountant to join our well-established and experienced Finance team to provide hands-on high quality financial and management reporting, budgeting/forecasting to enable accurate & informed decision making for the successful performance of the region. The Senior Accountant is responsible for providing the division with accurate financial information and providing financial analysis and suggestions to help the Company achieve financial targets. The purpose of the senior Accountant role is to provide financial insights for the business to aide in decision making and performance management, drive the business planning process as well as the month end and year end closing processes. The Senior accountant will be responsible for multiple locations and may require the supervision of direct reports depending on the needs of the Region. Also, the Senior Accountant is responsible for assistance with the monthly SAP close process and consolidated financial reporting. The incumbent is also responsible for analysis and report preparation, assistance with external audit, assistance with tax compliance, and assistance with the annual budgeting process. We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and think about how you can bring this to life by sending your CV and Cover letter for your desired role at the Coca-Cola Company.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• Prepares and records journal entries in accordance with GAAP.
• Participate in the monthly financial accounting close processes.
• Analyze and reconciles balance sheet accounts.
• Prepares monthly accruals & Assist with Corporate audit.
• Analyze transactions and determine the proper accounting action to follow.
• Knowledge of intercompany, accounts payable, and accounts receivable cycles and processes.
• Ensure all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
• Completes year-end forms applicable to area of responsibility.
• Assures compliance and effectiveness of financial internal controls.
• Maintain effective, timely and professional communication with all employees and management.
• Completes required ethics, environmental, health, safety and other trainings as required local and globally.
• Contribute to ongoing continues improvement of accounting systems and business processes to increase efficiencies.
• Review of prepared (by shared service function) monthly account reconciliations and exposure reports.
• Assistance with financial statement preparation and internal management reporting.
• Analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual financial results comparing against key performance indicators such as Plan, historical results, and other specified benchmarks.
• Assistance with coordinating the annual external audit process, quarterly tax estimates, and preparation of various analyses required by the assurance and tax teams.
• Help document standard operating procedures, as necessary.
• Prepare ad-hoc financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
• Minimum HND or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, economics or a related field.
• Prefer minimum of 3-5 years of corporate accounting experience or combination of public accounting and industry experience.
• Excellent general accounting skills, thorough working knowledge of accounting standards, and ability to research and document accounting issues.
• Ability to analyze financial information and prepare reports to management.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word).
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work well as part of a corporate accounting and finance team.
• Strong aptitude for reporting systems and desire for process improvements required.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and take initiative in resolving problems and making recommendations.
• Must be highly disciplined, results-oriented and self-motivated.
• Strong organization skills. Ability to organize complex projects, manage multiple tasks, and meet established deadlines.
• Proven ability to effectively communicate, influence, and build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Strong organizational skills and proven success to manage multiple competing priorities.
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by position and compliance with Coca Cola safety policies.
About Coca-Cola Company
The Coca-Cola Company is a multinational beverage corporation. With over 86,200 employees worldwide, best known as the producer of Coca-Cola. The Coca-Cola Company also manufactures, sells, and markets other non-alcoholic beverage concentrates and syrups, and alcoholic beverages. Our mission is to refresh the world in mind, body and spirit. To inspire moments of optimism and happiness through our brands and actions. The Coca-Cola Company distributes coke, diet coke, and other soft drinks worldwide. The company primarily offers nonalcoholic beverages, including sparkling beverages and still beverages. Its sparkling beverages include nonalcoholic ready-to-drink beverages with carbonation such as carbonated energy drinks, and carbonated waters and flavored waters. The company's still beverages comprise nonalcoholic beverages without carbonation, including noncarbonated waters, flavored and enhanced waters, noncarbonated energy drinks, juices and juice drinks, ready-to-drink teas and coffees, and sports drinks. It also provides flavoring ingredients, sweeteners, beverage ingredients, and fountain syrups as well as powders for purified water products. The Coca-Cola Company sells its products primarily under the Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Light, Coca-Cola Zero, Sprite, Fanta, Minute Maid, Powerade, Aquarius, Dasani, Glacéau Vitamin water, Georgia, Simply, Minute Maid Pulpy, Del Valle, Ayataka, Bonaqua/Bonaqa, and Schweppes brand names. Our business is built on people. People who share the mindset to out-perform in everything we do. Combined with our inherent values, it is the foundation of our Coca-Cola culture and enables us to fulfill our purpose.