Director of Internal Audit (Ref No. CRDB/DIAJO6–19)
Reporting functionally to the board audit committee and administratively to the managing director, the director of internal audit will be responsible for overall management, and activities of the internal audit department.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Reviewing the audit charter annually and align it with regulatory requirements, audit standards, and other best practices;
- Evaluating internal control systems of the bank to determine whether they are adequate and provide a means of safeguarding the asset of the bank;
- Reviewing compliance with internal policies and procedures;
- Issuing audit reports to the management and audit committee summarizing the results of audit activities;
- Conducting investigation of frauds, thefts and malpractice within the Bank, subsidiaries and issue report of findings to management and audit committee; and
- Performing any other related duties, from time to time, as may be assigned by the managing director and board audit committee.
Key qualifications and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics and/or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized university;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA);
10 years proven working experience as an internal auditor at a senior management level;
- Master’s Degree in business administration, in accounting, finance, economics and/or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized university will be an added advantage; and Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) will be an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV, photocopies of academic certificate, and names of three referees with their contacts, quoting reference number on both the application letter and envelope. For electronic applications, please quote the job reference number on the subject of your application , Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than 24th June 2019.
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
3rd Floor, Aris House
Haile Selassie Road
P.O. Box 1559
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
OR Click ”APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About CRDB Bank Plc
CRDB Bank Plc is an African Bank and a leading financial services provider in Tanzania with presence in Burundi. The Bank was established in 1996 and listed on the Dar es Salaam Stock exchange (DSE) in June 2009. Over the years, the Bank has grown to become the most innovative and preferred financial services partner in the country. Supported by a robust portfolio and uniquely tailored products, CRDB Bank remains one of the most responsive banks in the country.
In line with the current strategy, CRDB Bank is looking to recruit dynamic and visionary Tanzanian with outstanding integrity and good record of enforcing accountability, to work with the bank to transform, grow and ensure sustainability.