Job title: Camp Management Assistant
Employment category: (E-L-1)
Reporting to: (Camp management Team Leader)
Technical line manager: (Camp Manager)
Direct reports: Incentive Workers
Unit/department: [Camp management]
Authorization level: (N/A)
Overall purpose of the role: (1-2 sentences)
A Camp Management Assistant, under the management and supervision of a Camp Management Team Leader and in close collaboration with other government and humanitarian colleagues will be responsible for direct implementation of camp management activities in the camp.
Responsibilities: (in bullet points)
- Supervise refugee incentive workers;
- Monitor and support the coordination of services and Management in the camp;
- Develop and strengthen community governance structures and mechanisms;
- Identify gaps in service provision to refugees, proactively referring issues to relevant forums;
- Work in close collaboration with refugee stakeholders, and ensure community participation and mobilization in camp management
- Ensure diversity and inclusion and ensured that protection considerations are mainstreamed across all sectors;
- Receive and handle complaints and feedback from beneficiaries and refer to relevant actors;
- Oversee and ensure that NFI distributions are conducted in an accessible and accountable manner.
- Work in close collaboration with refugee stakeholders (Community Leaders, Elders, Representative Committees…) to ensure a wide acceptance of camp management activities in particular and facilitate dispute resolutions regarding the provision of humanitarian services in general.
- Ensure Camp management implementation is compliant with the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) and the DRC Code of Conduct (CoC);
- Write reports as required by Manager;
- Ensure daily verbal feedback on urgent issues reported;
- Participate in camp coordination meetings as well as meetings with refugee leadership committees;
- Any other duties to support camp management activities assigned by Manager/Team Leader
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- At least 2 years of work experience in humanitarian displacement situations;
- Demonstrated previous experience working with refugees or other vulnerable populations;
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility;
- Flexibility in working hours when needed;
- Excellent Communication skills
- Proven computer literacy skills (Microsoft Word and Excel);
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well ability to engage with community members in an open manner, maintain confidentiality and respect;
- Ability to communicate and write reports in English;
- Language ability in Kiswahili, Kiha and Kirundi are considered and as added advantage.
- Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- University Degree in areas relevant to Community Organization, Humanitarian Work, Humanitarian Protection
- Diploma in any relevant field with experience in Camp Coordination and Camp Management work
- Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Someone who can communicate in
- English – Fluent, including technical level
- Kiswahili – Fluent, including technical
- Kirundi – Basic
- Kiha – Basic
- Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- Various Humanitarian Agencies at the Camp Level
- Target Refugee and Host Communities
- Last updated: (date and name)
¨Basic: I master the essentials, but may at times need help from others
¨Advanced: I can work independently at full professional level.
¨Expert: I am the go-to person when others need help.
The Job description may not exceed two pages
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: May 30, 2020
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.