DCB Commercial Bank Plc
DCB COMMERCIAL BANK PLC
DCB Commercial Bank Plc is a fully fledged Commercial Bank dedicated at uplifting the standard of living of low, middle and corporate – income people in Tanzania. The bank is registered under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed by the Bank of Tanzania under the Banking and Financial Institutions Act, 2006.
The Bank is looking to recruit an energetic, competent and experienced person to fill the Finance Manager role. The incumbent will have the responsibility of overseeing all finance operations including Financial Controls, Reconciliations, Payments and Financial Reporting. In addition, the candidate shall have the following responsibilities;
1. Maintenance of the chart of accounts and general ledger to ensure the financial records are accurate, sound and reflect the relevant business transactions.
2. Preparation of the financial statements for the organization in accordance with IFRS, BOT regulations and bank policies; ensuring they are accurate and have been issued out on a timely basis to all the stakeholders
3. Supervision of the External Audit process, BOT examinations and Internal Audit and Risk Reviews end to end and ensure all control issues are well addressed on time, not repeated and do not fall overdue
4. Ensure all reconciliations are performed according to the organization’s chart of accounts and the account ownership and review process and the process complies with all other internal policies.
5. Ensure the all statutory returns have been filed on time, have gone through the proper governance process and all potential regulatory risks have been managed upfront with no financial or reputation threats to the organization
6. Ensure all statutory, internal and external payments are processed on time and according to the contractual terms and are executed in compliance to our internal procedures
7. Ensure there is sound adherence to Bank of Tanzania regulatory reporting requirements and there is full compliance with tax laws as guided by Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA)
8. Proactively manage the cost base of the organization and ensure the business operations are efficiently and effectively run. Ensure the cost budget is well articulated and is the tool to support business decisions while ensuring the unnecessary costs are eliminated in the bank
9. Ensure there is sound management of stocks, supplies and fixed assets including championing the physical verification as per the bank policy
10. Provide the required leadership to the junior team to ensure they get the appropriate support including coaching and guidance
Qualifications and Experience
1. CPA/ACCA/Masters in Finance/Accounting
2. Degree or equivalent in Finance/Accounting
3. Minimum of five years’ experience (three of which should be in a senior position in finance)
Applications should be sent to the following address:
The Managing Director
DCB Commercial Bank PLC
DCB House – Magomeni Mwembechai
P.O. Box 19798 – DAR ES SALAAM
Closing Date: Deadline for submission of applications: 1st June 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOURCE: DAILY NEWS MONDAY, MAY 28, 2018