Position: Assistant Nursing Officer
Job Code: DCMC-HQ-02 – 2019
Closing On: Monday, 17th June 2019
Category: Health Care
Department: Nursing Services
Shift: Mixed Shift
Location: Ntyuka – Dodoma
HospitalDodoma Christian Medical Center
Job Type:Full Time
Education: Other Diploma/Certificate
The incumbent will be responsible for caring and educating the patients and their family members about early recovery and ways of prevention of diseases. S/he will assess patients’ health problems and needs, develop and execute nursing care plans, and uphold medical records.
· To provide nursing care and services to patients
· To administer medicine and treating patients as prescribed
· To collect essential medical data
· To provide health education to patients, relatives and community in general
· To supervise junior nurse cadres
· To attend regular round in the unit with the medical and nursing personnel
· To give counseling and health education to the patients and their attendants.
· To maintain cleanliness of unit its annexes and environment
· To diagnose the disease by analyzing patient’s symptoms and taking required actions for his/her recovery.
· To maintain reports of patients’ medical histories, and monitoring changes in their condition.
· To carry out the requisite treatments and medications.
· To adhere with the protocols, norms, rules and regulations in order to maintain complete medical records.
· To maintain hygienic and safe working environment in compliance with the healthcare procedures.
· To provide instant care during medical emergencies, like car accidents, burns, heart attacks and strokes.
· To provide necessary guidance on health maintenance and disease prevention.
· To prepare rooms, and decontaminate equipment and instruments.
· To assist doctors during surgery.
· To assist and take care for women during their delivery
· To take care of newly born babies, treat the complications as prescribed and educate mothers and families.
To perform any other related duties and responsibilities as may be assgned
KEY QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
· Holder of a Diploma in Nursing from a recognized Nursing Training Institution
· Must be registered with Tanzania Nurses and Midwives Council of Tanzania.
· At least five (5) years working experience in nursing
MODE OF APPLICATION
· The Job Descriptions for the advertised positions will be obtained in DCMCT website. (http://www.dcmct.or.tz/careers)
· The job reference number should be clearly indicated on top of the envelope or e-mail Subject/headline
· All applications containing letter of application, copies of your academic certificates and a detailed CV with at least three referees, should be through post or e-mail (P O Box 658 Dodoma or online application).
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
· No hand delivered applications will be processed for these positions
All Applications through Post should be addressed to
Dodoma Christian Medical Centre Trust
P.O. Box 658
OR Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About DCMC Trust
The Dodoma Christian Medical Centre Trust (DCMC Trust) is a registered non-governmental organization with Christian values governed by The Board of Trustees. DCMC main offices are located at Ntyuka, Dodoma Tanzania. The mission of DCMC Trust is to provide accessible and
sustainable quality health care through a Tanzanian comprehensive health system which encompasses community based prevention and primary, secondary and selected specialized and super-specialized care. Dodoma Christian Medical Center (DCMC) has served thousands of patients through its dental and medical clinics and community health programs with a compassion and love of Jesus Christ in collaboration with other stake holders and in line with the Government policies.