Position: Claims Officer
Job Code: DCMC-HQ-03-2019
Closing On: Monday, 17th June 2019
Category: Support Services
Shift: Day Shift
Location: Ntyuka – Dodoma
Hospital Dodoma Christian Medical Center
Job Type: Full Time
Education: Other Diploma/Certificate
The incumbent will be responsible for working with insurance claims. S/he will be responsible for a variety of tasks, including: administrating claims; coordinating with various departments to settle claims; managing and maintaining records; developing reports for statistical claims; monitoring claim trends; coordinating with insurance companies to resolve customer issues; serving as a liaison between the hospital and insurance companies; serving as an insurance expert; and making recommendations for new insurance policies. Claims administrators are also responsible for filing and maintaining accurate paperwork
- Coordinate insurance process across departments, doctors, medical staff, tracking claims and reporting on aggregate metrics.
- Enable quick, accurate claim submissions.to achieve sustainable, recurring cash flow improvement by Ensure
- Accuracy of forms to reduce rejections and rebilling, resulting in improved first-time acceptance rate
- Support and mentor staff in insurance resources, standards, data, and contacts.
- Review claim submissions and determine eligibility and level of coverage.
- Prepare and monitor insurance budgets and report on exceptional circumstances.
- File claims, enter data, and update databases with current daily information.
- Handle general administrative duties such as creation of claim records, managing claim documents, scheduling and distribution of cases
- Prepare source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities.
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform any other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Holder of Ordinary Diploma in a related field or its equivalent.
· One year relevant work experience in data entry, high attention to detail, and focus on quality
· Knowledge of medical terminology and medications
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
· Ability to decipher various forms of handwriting
· Organization, Typing, Data Entry Skills, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness, Decision Making, Independence, Analyzing Information , Results Driven, Energy Level
MODE OF APPLICATION
· The Job Descriptions for the advertised positions will be obtained in DCMCT website. (http://www.dcmct.or.tz/careers)
· The job reference number should be clearly indicated on top of the envelope or e-mail Subject/headline
· All applications containing letter of application, copies of your academic certificates and a detailed CV with at least three referees, should be through post or e-mail (P O Box 658 Dodoma or online application).
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
· No hand delivered applications will be processed for these positions
All Applications through Post should be addressed to
Dodoma Christian Medical Centre Trust
P.O. Box 658
OR Click ”APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About DCMC Trust
The Dodoma Christian Medical Centre Trust (DCMC Trust) is a registered non-governmental organization with Christian values governed by The Board of Trustees. DCMC main offices are located at Ntyuka, Dodoma Tanzania. The mission of DCMC Trust is to provide accessible and
sustainable quality health care through a Tanzanian comprehensive health system which encompasses community based prevention and primary, secondary and selected specialized and super-specialized care. Dodoma Christian Medical Center (DCMC) has served thousands of patients through its dental and medical clinics and community health programs with a compassion and love of Jesus Christ in collaboration with other stake holders and in line with the Government policies.