Job Code: DCMC-HQ-01-2019
Closing On: Monday, 17th June 2019
Shift: Day Shift
Job Type:Full Time
Education: Graduate Degree
The incumbent will be responsible for treating an array of skin conditions from sunburn to skin cancer providing continuous medical support service to meet the needs of patients, consultants and nursing staff. The incumbent would be responsible for consultation of the patients and determining skin ailments, prescribing medication, undertaking skin therapy treatment or performing non-intrusive surgery and non-invasive surgical operations
- Offering skin consultations and evaluating patient skin conditions by screening for disease, Utilizing patient medical history as part of skin assessments.
- Prescribing medication for the treatment of skin conditions.
- Monitor the effectiveness of skin treatments and make necessary improvements or changes
- Communicate with assistants and other team members to ensure therapies are being administered properly
- Educate patients on the right ways to achieve healthy, attractive skin
- Attend conferences to network with Dermatology professionals and learn about new treatments and research
- Treat every patient with respect and compassion and ensure compliance with current medical laws and ethics
- Recommend diagnostic tests based on patients’ histories and physical examination findings
- Evaluate patients to determine eligibility for cosmetic procedures such as liposuction, laser resurfacing, and microdermabrasion
- Conduct or order diagnostic tests such as chest radiographs (x-rays), microbiologic tests, and endocrinologic tests
- Provide therapies such as intralesional steroids, chemical peels, and comodo removal to treat age spots, sun damage, rough skin, discolored skin, or oily skin
- Provide dermabrasion or laser abrasion to treat atrophic scars, elevated scars, or other skin conditions.
- Prescribe hormonal agents or topical treatments such as contraceptives, spironolactone, antiandrogens, oral corticosteroids, retinoids, benzoyl peroxide, and antibiotics.
- Perform skin surgery to improve appearance, make early diagnoses, or control diseases such as skin cancer.
- Perform incisional biopsies to diagnose melanoma.
- Diagnose and treat pigmented lesions such as common acquired nevi, congenital nevi, dysplastic nevi, Spitz nevi, blue nevi, and melanoma.
- Counsel patients on topics such as the need for annual dermatologic screenings, sun protection, skin cancer awareness, or skin and lymph node self-examinations.
- Conduct complete skin examinations.
- Diagnose and treat skin conditions such as acne, dandruff, athlete’s foot, moles, psoriasis, and skin cancer
- Document all patient evaluations, treatments, medications and transactions according to hospital policies and procedures
- Analyze patient’s medical history, medication allergies, physical condition, and examination results to verify operation’s necessity and to determine best procedure
- Prescribe preoperative and postoperative treatments and procedures, such as sedatives, diets, antibiotics, and preparation and treatment of the patient’s operative area.
- Participate in major ward rounds.
- Participate and conducting research, clinical teaching of medical doctors, interns and medical students and other allied health professionals
- Liaise with other medical and non-medical staff in the hospital to ensure quality treatment;
- To perform any other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
KEY QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Holder of Master of Medicine in Dermatovenereology or Master of Medicine (MMed) degree (Dermatology)from a recognized institution
- Must be registered by the Tanganyika Medical Council as a Medical Doctor
- At least two (2) years working experience in Dermatology
MODE OF APPLICATION
· The Job Descriptions for the advertised positions will be obtained in DCMCT website. (http://www.dcmct.or.tz/careers)
· The job reference number should be clearly indicated on top of the envelope or e-mail Subject/headline
· All applications containing letter of application, copies of your academic certificates and a detailed CV with at least three referees, should be through post or e-mail (P O Box 658 Dodoma or online application).
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
· No hand delivered applications will be processed for these positions
All Applications through Post should be addressed to
Dodoma Christian Medical Centre Trust
P.O. Box 658
OR Click ”APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About DCMC Trust
The Dodoma Christian Medical Centre Trust (DCMC Trust) is a registered non-governmental organization with Christian values governed by The Board of Trustees. DCMC main offices are located at Ntyuka, Dodoma Tanzania. The mission of DCMC Trust is to provide accessible and
sustainable quality health care through a Tanzanian comprehensive health system which encompasses community based prevention and primary, secondary and selected specialized and super-specialized care. Dodoma Christian Medical Center (DCMC) has served thousands of patients through its dental and medical clinics and community health programs with a compassion and love of Jesus Christ in collaboration with other stake holders and in line with the Government policies.