Location: Dar Es Salaam, Dodoma, Mwanza, Morogoro and Zanzibar
Under direct supervision of the Field Office In-charge, the Finance Officer is expected to perform financial duties around the accounting cycle and internal control environment, including; to ensure accuracy of accounting records & system, adherence to organizational policies & procedures and to ensure compliance with statutory obligations. S/he is expected to ensure that financial regulations and controls are in place at all times and all the financial transactions are administered, recorded, and reported in accordance with donor policies and procedures. The post holder will ensure that financial record keeping is accurate and meet the required standard.
· Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
· Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
· Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
· Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit, and loss statement, and other reports.
· Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
· Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
· Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
· Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
· Secures financial information by completing database backups.
· Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
· Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
· Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
· Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
· Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
· Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Diploma or Bachelor degree Graduate qualifications in Accounting, Finance or related field
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT & REMUNERATION
1. 3 Years contract (Renewable based on performance)
2. Monthly Salary based on DFC salary scales on entry-level $800 – $3.8k
3. $200 monthly stipend allowance on accommodations in your area of work
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates are to submit their motivational letter, copy of their latest CV indicating their position they are applying in the subject line of your application. All applications must be addressed in the email firstname.lastname@example.org before 28th February 2021 1830 PM
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About DFC Tanzania
DFC Partners with the private sector to finance solutions to the most critical challenges facing the developing world today. We invest across sectors including energy, healthcare, critical infrastructure, and technology. DFC also provides financing for small businesses and women entrepreneurs in order to create jobs in emerging markets. DFC investments adhere to high standards and respect the environment, human rights, and worker rights. DFC makes America a stronger and more competitive leader on the global development stage with a greater ability to partner with allies on transformative projects. Further, we provide the developing world with financially sound alternatives to unsustainable and irresponsible state-directed initiatives.