Job Code: DCMC-HQ-1000
Closing On: Monday, 22nd July 2019
Shift: Day Shift
Location: Ntyuka – Dodoma
- Examine patients and make diagnoses to determine the need for surgery.
- Review patient medical history and plan the best procedure for treatment.
- Evaluate and advise patients on the risk involved with having surgery.
- Analyze patient’s medical history, medication allergies, physical condition, and examination results to verify operation’s necessity and to determine best procedure
- Perform surgical procedures to prevent or correct injury, disease, deformities and patient function while adhering to regulatory and ethical protocols.
- Follow established surgical techniques during surgery.
- Prescribe preoperative and postoperative treatment and procedures.
- Ensure sterility in the operating room, and all equipment and instruments.
- Diagnose bodily disorders and orthopedic conditions and provide treatments, such as medicines and surgeries, in clinics, hospital wards, and operating rooms.
- Direct and coordinate activities of hospital staff for proper patient care.
- Oversee all treatment prior to and post-surgery, and identify associated risks.
- Maintain the highest regard for patient dignity and observe the precepts of patient rights.
- Plan and execute disease/illness prevention and health promotion programs.
- Manage surgery services, including planning, scheduling and coordination, determination of procedures, and procurement of supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate follow up meetings with patients and monitor health condition after surgery or treatment.
- Conduct research to develop and test surgical techniques in order to improve procedures and surgery
- To perform any other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Holder of a Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree or MBCHB or its equivalent from a recognized Institution.
- Holder of Masters of Medicine (MMed) in General Surgery from a recognized institution
- Must be registered by the Tanganyika Medical Council as a Surgeon
- At least two (2) years working experience as a General Surgeon from a reputable medical institution
MODE OF APPLICATION
DCMC Trust is an equal opportunity employer offering stable and professional working environment with competitive remuneration and benefits.
The Job Descriptions for the advertised positions will be obtained in DCMCT website. (http://www.dcmct.or.tz/careers)
The job reference number should be clearly indicated on top of the envelope or e-mail Subject/headline
All applications containing letter of application, copies of your academic certificates and a detailed CV with at least three referees,
· Closing date and time: Monday 22nd July 2019 at 16.30 hrs.
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
· No hand delivered applications will be processed for these positions
All Applications through Post should be addressed to
Dodoma Christian Medical Centre Trust
P.O. Box 658
OR Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.