Durable Group would like to announce a new vacant position in the capacity
Job Title: Accountant & Bookkeeping
Deadline: July 30, 2019.
Accountant is responsible for maintaining accounting records for organizational department’s management control; exercises central fiscal control activities; prepares reviews and analyzes all types of accounts and records
of financial transactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing Petty cash and imprest re-imbursement while maintaining the necessary records and support documents. Ensuring proper approval and vouching is done for all cash payments.
- Handling of Sales team commission computation and payments as well as maintenance of the required records.
- Ensuring all relevant deductions are done.
- Handling statutory deductions and tax payments while observing the stipulated deadline dates of submission, this includes the following taxes, Income tax, VAT, PAYE, Witholding tax.
- Maintaining cheque books, cheque counterfoils and dispatch register and effectively posting in the cashbook that includes monthly bank reconciliation for all accounts operated by the group of companies
- In collaboration with the Operations department, carry out regular physical stock taking and handle any discrepancies between physical stock and the balances on the accounting system.
- Implementation of financial risk management policies of the company, which include insurance of assets and open risks, tax risk management and forex risks and advise the company on ways to minimize these risks
- Ensure the company working capital is safeguarded by maintaining adequate cash flow. Advise the company on ways to minimize these risks.
- Generation and analysis of financial reports and submitting them to the relevant personnel for action, this includes monthly, quarterly and half year management accounts.
- Ensuring that supplier accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and maintain necessary records of the same, maintenance of a proper filing and retrieval system of purchases invoices, supplier statements payment vouchers.
- Ensuring that debtors accounts are settled promptly and submit a weekly report of the debtors balances at the end of each week
- Ensuring the office and managers’ utility bills are paid in time
- Preparing monthly departmental budgetary allocations and sharing them with the relevant personnel for implementation
- Take part in preparation for both external and internal audits and ensure effective implementation of audit recommendations, making of final accounts.
- Training and orientation of Junior accounting staff
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by supervisors from time to time
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Advance diploma or Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting /Finance,
- At least 2 years’ experience working in the finance area,
- Working experience in posting of financial data in accounting software.
- Proficiency in standard office computer applications,
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Swahili.
- Audit Experience is an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.