Job title: Senior Project Manager
Immediate Supervisor: Associate Director Program Implementation
Location: Arusha Office
Job grade: Grade 7
The Senior Project Manager has the main responsibility of promoting Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation’s country strategic plan and provides specific programmatic / operational strategic direction to facilitate the work of EGPAF in respective region(s). The SPM is responsible for day-to-day oversight of the implementation of activities in respective regions and supports project management with a focus on leadership and management, supervision of Council Project Coordinators’ program activities as well as, supervision of operations team and operational program activities, contracts and grants, communication and finance and administrative officer. He/she has representation of the organization at regional level as well as capacity building and transition of the supported project(s) to local authorities. The SPM ensures that the program delivers the designed objectives and intended impact..
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Leadership and management of the field project office
• Coordination and supervision of field based staff and program implementation
• Provide technical assistance to regional health management teams to build capacity of councils to offer quality integrated HIV, TB, and FP services
• Performance monitoring and reporting, including financial monitoring of sub-agreements and programmatic monitoring and report writing Required Qualifications
• Graduate Degree in Health Sciences; MD is required.
• Master’s in Public Health (MPH) or other relevant Master’s degree will be added advantage Knowledge,
Skills & Abilities
• At least 7 years of proven project management experience in the design, administration, management and implementation of public health programs
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Tanzania health system and national HIV/AIDS, TB and FP programs is essential
• Understanding on local government RCH, HIV, TB and FP integration context within health facilities and community levels
• Experience in Project Management Planning, Initiating, Execution and Monitoring of project activities)
• Experience managing donor funded projects, with vast knowledge on US Rules and Regulation.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and Kiswahili); strong critical thinking, problem solving and attentiveness to detail with strong work ethics
• Knowledge and experience in writing proposals and reports for international donor agencies.
• Good knowledge of basic IT skills including Microsoft word, excel, power point, and outlook and Internet).
• Strong ability to think strategically, with equally strong practical ability to translate
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Senior Human Resource Manager,
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation,
P.O. BOX 1628,
395 Ursino Park, Mwaikibaki Road,
Morocco Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
About Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and supporting close to 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to facilitate access to services for those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000-nine of 10 who work in the field-the Foundation's global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.