Job title: Research Coordinators (2 Posts)
Duration Temporary contract for a period of 16 weeks.
EGPAF is implementing a validation study of an HIV risk-screening tool as part of the national strategy to optimize PITC by increasing efficient of HIV testing services. Duties involve supervising HIV risk screening by lay cadres at selected health facilities, supervising nurses recruiting participants, conducting informed consent of participants, and monitoring documentation of HIV testing services, consent, and recruitment of participants. The location of work is in Igunga and Nzega districts of Tabora..
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities will largely focus on:
• Training in the protection of human subjects (ethics) and all study procedures
• Conducting respondent recruitment, consenting and observations
• Data verification and cleaning
• Liaising with facility-based staff trained to conduct HIV risk screening and study enrollment to maximize recruitment of eligible participants across service delivery points
• Reporting on activities and deliverables
• Completing assigned tasks within time frame allotted
• All RCS will submit daily or weekly reports detailing their hours completed and achievement of work targets, and any relevant study documentation, as stipulated by EGPAF.
• Work will be compensated at a daily allowance rate, subject to tax.
• When travelling outside of Dar es Salaam, EGPAF will cover travel, per diem and lodging costs.
Education & Experience
• Must have at least an advanced diploma/degree in either of the following: sociology, statistics, medical or related field
• Must have prior experience in conducting informed consent with minors and/or illiterate populations
• Prior experience working with internationally-funded NGOs on research data collection is preferred
• Proficiently with computers. Must be fluent in English and Kiswahili
• Ability and availability to travel to the field for the duration of the contract.
Job application procedure
Interested candidate should email their application to the contacts below with the subject line: Temporary Research Coordinator 1_your name. Include a cover letter and CV.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Senior Human Resource Manager,
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation,
P.O. BOX 1628,
395 Ursino Park, Mwaikibaki Road,
Morocco Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
About Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and supporting close to 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to facilitate access to services for those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000-nine of 10 who work in the field-the Foundation's global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.