Title: Finance Assistant
Reports to: Senior Finance Officer
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health rights are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. This emphasis on rights directly underpins EngenderHealth’s values and principles: choice, quality, and excellence. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth partners with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
EngenderHealth is seeking expressions of interest from highly qualified candidates to fill in a position of Finance Assistant in the Country office (TCO) based in Dar es Salaam.
The position will generally be responsible for coordinating all vendor payments, ensure TCO staff advances are processed on time with all necessary attachments completed, Facilitate the TCO payments. This person will also assist in reviewing the Travel Expense reports (TERs), inputting data in the accounting software (SAGE) and perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Manage and coordinate payment process, staff travel/workshop advance and adhere to standing operating procedures.
- Process invoices and follow up with clients, suppliers and partners as needed.
- Daily Recording of accounts payable and accounts receivable in SAGE system.
Process tax payments.
- Assist with preparation of various schedules for the month end reports.
- Participate in financial reviews, quarterly and annual audits.
- Provide administrative support during budget preparation.
- Take lead in proper filling of all TCO financial documents.
- Carry out quarterly creditor’s circularization.
- Standby petty cash custodian.
- Assist the SFO on issues related to bank reconciliations.
- Recording and reporting funds received from HQ on monthly basis.
- Perform any other duties as will be guided by his/her supervisor
- First degree / Advance Diploma in Accountancy from a recognized institution
- At least 1-year relevant practical experience in an NGO setting in Tanzania;
- Experience working with a USAID supported project will be an added advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws
EngenderHealth is committed to safeguarding all people, particularly children, vulnerable adults and beneficiaries of assistance from any harm that may be caused due to contact with EngenderHealth. This includes harm arising from the conduct of staff, associates and partners; and the design and implementation of programs and activities.