The roles and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to
- Preparation of monthly settlements for activities, staff and office expenses
- Oversight and execution of FES procurement regulations
- Finalization of monthly and annual financial reporting according to FES internal standards and regulations
- Cash flow management: oversight and handling of cash and banking expenses
- Payment of invoices and disbursement/settlement of payments
- Processing of tax payments and returns
- Financial planning: oversight over budgetary needs for activities, staff and office expenditure
- Desk support / provision of information on applicable financial regulations to management & staff
- Internal auditing and financial control
- Development of financial management procedures and tools
- Management of staff payroll, withholdings and benefits
- Liaison with state authorities and social security funds on matters related to taxation and social security schemes
- Liaison and communication with bank
- Communication with FES head office on financial matters
- Property management: Management of FES office service providers and contractual oversight
- Execution of additional tasks as assigned by the management
Eligible applicants must:
- Possess a university degree in accounting, finance or a related field. Comparable relevant certification will be assessed.
- Prove relevant work experience of at least two (2) years in accounting and/or financial management.
- Have strong attention to detail and a proactive, problem-solving work ethic
- Be fluent in written and spoken English and Swahili; knowledge of German is an asset
- Be computer literate: advanced knowledge of MS Excel is essential; sufficient knowledge of other
- Microsoft Office and computer applications.
- Be capable of working proactively both within a team as well as independently.
- Be capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Interviews will take place in the last week of May.
FES Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and specifically encourages applications by female candidates.