We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Associate Director, Government Engagement & Capacity Development for the anticipated multiyear USAID Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program for Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child And Adolescent Health (C3hp- Rmncah) in Tanzania. This upcoming health activity will be designed to increase the demand for and use of quality integrated RMNCAH services in target regions, particularly among women of reproductive age, youth and children, by improving access to quality RMNCAH services in both facilities and the surrounding communities, promoting positive health-seeking behaviors among Tanzania and Zanzibar’s population, and enhancing the overall policy environment for RMNCAH service delivery. **This position is subject to project award and funding.
Job summary / Responsibilities:
The Associate Director, Government Engagement & Capacity Development will be an FHI 360 employee working in and placed at the C3hp-Rmncah office in Dar es Salaam. Under the guidance of the Deputy Chief of Party, the Associate Director, Government Engagement & Capacity Development will lead and manage coordination, planning, and implementation of capacity development activities for consortium, government and civil society partners and ensure linkages and close collaboration with Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and PO-RALG partners. S/he will also monitor consortium and government partner operational capacity and facilitate focused technical assistance as needed to MOHCDEC, PO-RALG, and consortium partner teams.
- Lead and manage the coordination and capacity building team at national and zonal levels by providing technical direction for strengthening partner and government capacity.
- Design and lead partner and government operational capacity assessments at organizational and regional levels to monitor implementation quality and guide capacity building.
- Engage consortium partners and district/regional health teams during implementation planning and budgeting, including collaborative technical assistance as indicated.
- Provide high level coordination with the MOHCDEC, the PO-RALG, other line ministries, and key stakeholders on organizational capacity issues for smooth implementation of C3HP-RMNCAH.
- Develop systems strengthening and capacity development components of annual work plans, draft corresponding sections of quarterly reports, and ensure related project objectives and deliverables are met in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and engage responsible parties within the project to ensure responsiveness to partner and government requests for operational capacity assistance.
- Engage government in discussions surrounding strengthened government implementation or transition of activities to optimize implementation, with contribution to the planning and follow-through process.
- Work closely with Deputy Chief of Party and Technical Director to develop technical assistance approaches that incorporate both health-related and management-related components.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s required; however a Master’s degree in health systems management, organizational management, international development, public policy, or a related field preferred;
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in a program supervisory or management position.
- Experience in high-level government engagement, particularly around government program transition or contracting, is required.
- Experience in providing technical assistance to project/government staff working on program budgeting is desired.
- Demonstrated proficiency with using Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Able to analyze and interpret data, identify errors, and prepare reports.
- Able to problem solve and develop and implement corrective action as needed.
- Familiarity with implementation and management science and application of program evidence to providing guided technical assistance and mentorship.
- Familiarity with organizational capacity development and appropriate methodologies for improving finance and operational systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Swahili.
- Qualified female candidates particularly encouraged to apply.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team unit.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Associate Director, Government Engagement & Capacity Development (C3HP RMNCAH project).