Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) undertakes to offer internship opportunities to fresh Tanzanian graduates of various disciplines, to take place at Geita Gold Mine, Geita Tanzania, with the aim of “Enhancing Graduates Employability in Tanzania”
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, Africa’s largest and the world’s third largest gold mining company with 20 operations in four continents around the globe. Geita Gold Mine (GGM) is the only AngloGold Ashanti’s wholly owned and managed operation in Tanzania. It is also the largest single Gold mining operation in its annual gold production and Tanzania’s most productive mine. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven graduates to take up internship opportunities mentioned below:
GGML Internship Programme:
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) has been a strong supporter to the government initiatives to enhance graduates employability in Tanzania, having implemented internships and other graduate programmes for several years. GGML is contributing towards skills development in Tanzania by providing graduates with opportunities to gain work experience in various skills areas. The internship Programme provides an opportunity to unemployed graduates to gain meaningful work experience that will complement their studies and provide them with experience that could help them gain access to the labour market. The internship is for a fixed term and there is no guarantee of any offer of employment on completion of the internship.
At the minimum, GGML Internship Programme shall be undertaken in accordance with the “National Internship Guidelines” as published by the Prime Minister’s Office, Labor, Youth, Employment and Disability in September, 2017.
Duration and Allowance:
The internship programme is implemented for twelve (12) months period only and there is no guarantee of any offer of employment on completion of the internship.
GGML shall provide a monthly internship allowance to cover for incidental costs associated with the internship programme.
To qualify for the internship programme, one MUST:
- Be a Tanzanian citizen.
- Be an unemployed Tanzanian graduate aged between 18 — 30 years;
- Have completed a relevant Bachelor’s Degree (NTA8) or National Higher Diploma (NTA7) with a minimum GPA of 3.5.
- Have graduated between 2016 and 2018.
Note: Female Graduates and People with Disability are highly encouraged to apply.
Geita Gold Mine is inviting applications from qualified graduates in the following disciplines to apply for 25 internship posts available for the year 2019 – 2020.
Disciplines & Qualifications Required:
Electrical Engineering (1 post) – BSc in Electrical Engineering
Mode of Application:
Applicants are REQUIRED to apply online using relevant links below:
- Once you complete the online application, please upload your University Certificate, Transcript and your updated CV.
- Applications submitted via email, by post, by hand or by any means other than online application via links provided SHALL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Closing date for applications is the 19th of May 2019.
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted from the 22nd May 2019 for Psychometric Assessments which will also be done online.
- A further shortlist will be done and successful candidates will be called for oral interviews at Geita / Dar es Salaam.
- Applicants who will not be contacted by Geita Gold Mining Ltd representative by 31st May 2019 can regard their applications as unsuccessful.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job or any other opportunity. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 756 808 128 / +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.