Position: Junior Cash Crops, Value Chain and Private Sector Expert (m/f/d) in the Technical Assistance to Support the Implementation of Agriconnect on Sector Enablers and Business Environment for Tea, Coffee and Horticulture in Tanzania.
• Location: Dodoma
• Assignment period:02/03/2010 – 02/02/2024
• Field:Rural Development
• Type of employment:full-time
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU-funded project: „Technical assistance to support the implementation of Agriconnect on Sector Enablers and Business Environment for Tea, Coffee and Horticulture”in Tanzania.
The overall objective of the Programme “Agri-Connect: Supporting value chains for shared prosperity”, of which this contract will be an essential part, is to contribute to inclusive economic growth, promote private sector development and job creation in the agricultural sector and to increase food and nutrition security in Tanzania, by promoting the productivity, commercialization and competitiveness of the tea, coffee and horticulture sectors.
The purpose of this contract is to provide a Technical Assistance Team (TAT) to assist primarily the Ministry of Agriculture in mainland, the Ministry of Agriculture, Natural resources, Livestock and Fisheries in Zanzibar, and other relevant national and local institutions and actors along the value chain to improve the sector enablers and business environment for the tea, coffee and horticulture value chains, within the framework of the respective agricultural development strategies.
The Key Expert works under the supervision of the Team leader and has following tasks, among others :
Map policy support initiatives, including gap analysis
Conduct overall assessments and reviews of national and regional regulatory capacity and policy framework, with a view to rationalise its redundancies, reduce compliance costs for farmers and value chain actors alike, and improve an effective and harmonised implementation
Develop a road map proposal for policy reforms for the duration of the Programme
Provide collaborative policy research/analysis and outreach to MoA and MANRLF, combined with policy advisory on laws and regulations affecting the subsector (selected commodities)
Qualifications and skills
- The expert must have Advanced degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness, Rural
- Development and or other related fields
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Swahili considered an asset
General professional experience
- At least 5-7 years of work experience in the agriculture sector preferably in the coffee and tea value chain interventions
Specific professional experience
- Experience in coffee and tea value chain development
- Proven experience in analysis of policy and regulatory frameworks, capacity building and training of state institutions including Government ministries, Local Government Authorities as well as Non-State Actors including NGOs, Cooperatives and Farmers Organisations;
- Good knowledge and experience in the use of project cycle management processes and implementation of donor funded projects
- Good reporting skills and ability to communicate with wider audience
- Experience in the EAC region
For all the technical assistance assignments the services shall be undertaken in Dodoma and Zanzibar Town in order to provide best support to the relevant stakeholders (Ministries). In undertaking their duties, experts may be required to travel within the country.
Start date & period of implementation
The intended start date is 03/02/2020 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 48 months from this date.
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 22.09.2019.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.