Job Title: Director of Finance and Administration
Department/Unit: Finance and Administration
Location: Dar es Salaam
Duration: Full-time Position
Reports to: Chief of Party (COP)
Supervise: Accountants, Administrative Staff, Drivers
The Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for overseeing all accounting, Financial, procurement, administrative, compliance and accountability requirements of the project in Tanzania. S/he works with the project management teams, taking a lead in the areas of accounting and finance management, information technology, human resource, project administration. The Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for ensuring that the Project functions efficiently in all accounting, contractual and operational matters, directly supervising operations staff and providing oversight to all contracts and overseas procurement issues. Additionally, he works collaboratively and effectively with the COR assuring compliance with the terms of the project contract. The Director of Finance and Administration is knowledgeable of and adheres to company and project ethical standards, policies and procedures and USG Procurement Integrity standards and procedures, in all project management responsibilities.
- Provide senior management oversight for all policies, procedures, and activities in accordance to US Government procedures.
- Uses extensive knowledge of USAID rules and regulations including the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) ensuring compliance.
- Provide direct supervisory and technical support to all local staff under operations department in all operations areas, Finance, Information and Communications Technology, Human Resources, Fleet
- Management and procurement.
- Managing the project budget including tracking of project and expenditures.
- Responsible for creating monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for USAID and HQ management.
- Support contracts administration of the project.
- Provide overall supervision and guidance to the Field Office and overseas procurement processes, ensuring adequate checks and balances within the system, routine verification of processes, training in procurement standards as needed and adherence to company and USAID procurement regulations.
- Ensure compliance with all project legal requirements, including employee payroll, taxes, and local labor laws.
Oversee VAT exemption process for USAID.
- Participate in development of the annual Country Office Operations budget, providing updates, modifications, and analysis as needed and works with Deputy Country for Operations to ensure that each Project is updated on a regular basis with pipeline figures and changes. Manages an accurate budgeting and projection cycle for the Operations Unit.
- Supervise Project Accountants to ensure that field expenses meet with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, company policy, and USAID rules and regulations as they apply to contract and project operations; demonstrate the ability to use sound business judgment in assuring that all costs are reasonable and necessary for the completion of the project goals.
- Oversee inventory management of project inventory including tracking and reporting to USAID.
- Experience with closing out USAID projects.
- CPA, advanced degree in business management, finance, or related field or minimum 15 years in related professional experience
- Minimum Year(s) of 10 years of experiencing working with USAID, and other donor funded projects in the areas of finance, accounting, and administration.
- Experience with USAID Rules and Regulations
- Strong written and spoken English
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
If you are interested in applying this position please send your resume, cover letter’ And kindly include title you are applying for in the subject line.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Deadline for submission shall be on 14th September,2021.
GHSC -TA-TZ is an equal opportunity employer.
About Global Health Supply Chain Technical Assistance
The Global Health Supply Chain Technical Assistance (GHSC-TA-TZ) program, supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), provides expert technical assistance (TA) to Tanzania to strengthen country supply chain systems across all health elements, e.g., malaria, family planning (FP), HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB) and maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH). In coordination with in-country and development partners, GHSC assists Government of Tanzania health programs by providing strategic planning and implementation assistance; improving the delivery of health commodities to service sites; providing capacity building support to broaden stakeholders’ understanding and engagement of the supply chain system; and strengthening enabling environments to improve supply chain performance.