Vacancy title: Finance and Administrative Intern
HKI is seeking to recruit a Finance and Admin Intern in Helen Keller International Office in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Finance and Admin Intern reports to Finance and Administration Assistant. The Finance and Admin Intern will be responsible for finance and administrative support ensuring day-to-day financial management functions and general office operations and procedures. The Finance and Admin Assistant will work closely with the Finance and Admin Assistant and Finance Officer and program staff. .
- Under the leadership of Finance and Operations Manager and as a part of internship program, the intern will:
- Assist in reviewing all payment requests and disbursements of funds
- Implementing administrative and management policies and procedures
- Filing and monthly scanning of financial documents
- Process payments to the vendors after formal check of vendor’s eligibility with procurement team
- Process staff advance requests and manage the day-to-day operations of MPESA/TIGOPESA
- Provide support to the Finance Officer to ensure staff account balances are reconciled and MPESA statement reconciled on Monthly basis.
- Ensure all payments have adequate supporting documents and that all necessary authorization has been obtained for all payments
- Ensure all Finance related documents are filed in a logical manner and coordinate retrieval of physical or soft copy as requested.
- Support the Operations Department with general administrative duties.
Desired Qualifications, Experiences and Conditions
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- Able to demonstrate good planning and administrative skills
- Person should be a computer literate and should have proven computer skills using spreadsheet
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Team player and strong work ethic
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Helen Keller International (HKI) Tanzania
Established in 1915 with Helen Keller as a founding trustee, Helen Keller International (HKI) works to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 20 countries in Africa and Asia as well as in the United States. HKI is known for sustainability, reliability, efficiency and the highest level of technical expertise in fighting and treating blindness and malnutrition.
Established in 1984, the HKI-Tanzania office works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoH), local NGO’s, and other national and international development partners in the areas of nutrition and neglected tropical diseases (NTDs), particularly trachoma.