Position Title: Strategic Information (SI) Officer
Reports to: District Program Lead
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: Mwanza
Travel: Up to 70% in intervention districts outside of job location
Overall Job Function:
The Strategic Information (SI) Officer is responsible for managing at the district level all data
entry and database-related tasks and queries; reporting district data to the District Program
Lead and SI Coordinator; and developing data analysis presentations for the district. The
Strategic Information Officer’s responsibilities include supervising electronic data entry and
cleaning of the paper forms from field activities, as well as follow-up with health facility
registries for referral and linkage tracing and verification, and supportive supervision to
outreach workers on Strategic Information issues. The SI Officer also supports data
collection and reporting at the facility level. S/he will work closely with the other members
of the program and strategic information teams.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
• Develop district level SI workplans covering activities in both community and facility.
• Ensure timely and complete data entry in both paper-based and electronic systems,
ensuring consistency between linked systems.
• Supervise team to referral forms and conduct verification with registers and
databases at facilities to verify completed referrals and linkage outcomes
• Lead generation of queries and ensure completion of data cleaning activities
• Fix any errors and problems observed in the database, and report any
hardware/software malfunctions to central team as needed
• Schedule and conduct monthly and quarterly data collection covering all sites within
• Lead in training new staff, healthcare workers, and volunteers on data collection
tools, including referrals, reporting and database
• Develop monthly, quarterly, and other reports on all indicators at the district level
for submission and review to the District Program Lead, SI Coordinator and central
• Develop data analysis presentations and progress tracking at the district level
• Ensure all team members maintain security of data tools at all times, including
protecting the confidentiality of records and data
• Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
• Required Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in data management, computer
science, monitoring & evaluation, epidemiology, statistics, or related field or
Advanced Diploma with significant experience
o Preferred: Master’s level or higher in relevant in data management,
computer science, monitoring & evaluation, epidemiology, statistics, or
• Required Technical Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience with data
management of PEPFAR-funded HIV/AIDS programs in facility or community. Must
o Experience with programming language and database design and
o Demonstrated familiarity with MOHCDGEC/PEPFAR data systems including
CTC2, DAC tool, DHIS, and DATIM
• Excellent speaking, reading, and writing skills in English and Kiswahili
• Excellent computer skills, at minimum with Microsoft Office package including Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
• Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding clients’ health status and sensitive
information contained in data sources.
• Flexibility to work after normal working hours and weekends at informal gatherings
and entertainment centers and travel extensively to remote areas, including islands.
• Ability to interact well with all targeted groups and peer outreach workers by
facilitating a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory, and non-stigmatizing environment
in the program, to welcome all key and vulnerable population beneficiaries
regardless of their background
• Must be a Tanzanian Citizen
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.