Position: Director of Prevention Services – 1 vacancy (based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania)
ICAP employs highly competent, dynamic individuals with strong technical knowledge and public health management skills in implementing the program objectives. ICAP is now seeking to fill the below position for the FIKIA project.
Reports to : Country Director
Supervises : Entire program unit, with direct supervision of Technical Advisors (3) and
Zonal Project Managers (3)
Job Location : Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Travel : Up to 30% in intervention regions
The Director of Prevention Services provides day-to-day leadership of ICAP’s portfolio of HIV programs and research, leading the program team that includes over 100 staff. The position oversees the entire program unit and requires a high level of technical, analytical and managerial abilities and experiences. The Director of Prevention Services is the primary technical point of contact with in-country CDC, national government counterparts, and partner institutions and is responsible to foster partnerships and collaborative relationships between ICAP, CDC, and other stakeholders. S/he oversees a team to ensure that deliverables and targets are completed on time, within budget, and in line with donor requirements. This position is grant funded.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee all activities, outputs, and outcomes related to project implementation, including reporting, budget development and expenditure monitoring, execution of project plans, and project performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Ensure effective implementation and coordination of project activities and monitor progress toward the achievement of project goals and objectives.
- In collaboration with key personnel, both in country and New York, develop, execute and continually update the strategic plan for the projects.
- Lead the design of interventions while ensuring the quality and maximum sustainability of all initiatives through effective pre-service education and capacity building programs.
- Lead the development of innovative approaches for community-based HIV prevention, care, and treatment for PLHIV and KVP.
- Manage a large project team of highly qualified staff, aligning their efforts with project goals and supervise their progress.
- Lead the annual work planning process and contribute to planning meetings with the donor.
- Represent the project in all technical matters pertaining to the execution of project-related activities including interactions with senior level representatives of partner and stakeholder institutions.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of project activities and results to the donor.
Present progress, achievements, briefing documents and lessons learned to key stakeholders, including the donor, government officials, and other implementing partners.
- Collaborate with other technical staff on any proposed new projects related to HIV, and oversee research and evaluation agendas related to FIKIA.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Education: PhD or Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, or related discipline or MD
- Technical Experience: Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in the design and implementation of large-scale
- HIV programs in Tanzania or other sub-Saharan African countries
- Preferred: Experience with CDC funded project
- Preferred: Experience with community-based and/or KVP-focused HIV programs
- Demonstrated experience with developing and executing work plans and budgets
- Experience managing donor financed projects with a strong command of USG regulations and compliance requirements.
- Leadership Experience: Minimum 4+ years’ experience directly supervising a multidisciplinary team of public health professionals.
- Proven record of excellent management, leadership, team building, decision-making, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience of working with various stakeholders at the national or regional levels in resource-constrained settings.
- Excellent analytical skills; experience with statistical software is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Fluency in Kiswahili is preferred.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click ”APPLY FOR JOB” button above to appy for this job.