Position Title: Senior Procurement Manager (1 position)
Reports to: Director of Administration and Finance
Supervises: Procurement Officers (4)
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dar es Salaam
Travel: Up to 10% in intervention districts outside of job location
Overall Job Function:
The Senior Procurement Manager will report to the Director of Administration and Finance
and has overall responsibility of managing the procurement unit and will work closely with
senior management team, finance, program, and other operational teams. S/he will also
specifically work with other external and internal stakeholders to ensure efficient
procurement processes. This role also encompasses distribution management within logistics,
including transportation, warehousing, and monitoring the flow of goods and supplies in the
regions where ICAP Tanzania works.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
• Oversee and manage all processes for procurement and related logistics, leading a
team of Procurement Officers.
• Oversee the procurement analysis of all supplies/services by working with
procurement team and internal tender committee (ITC) to ensure detailed procedure
and selection process is clearly outlined within the analysis section.
• Liaise with NY Procurement unit as primary contact for procurement issues related to
• Support team members to present suppliers with procurement committee meetings
and ensure clear documentation for supplier selection is obtained for auditing
• Manage and ensure all deliveries to sites and regions are completed effectively and all
supplies are accounted for.
• Manage the delivery of goods/services to ICAP ensuring the team correctly accounts
for all items.
• Ensure all procurement follows the organizational procurement procedures and all
orders are made correctly with the right authorization
• Establish a clear procurement plan ensuring that requests are managed effectively
ensuring sufficient time is provided to complete all necessary processes as per ICAP
SOPs and funders regulations.
• Ensure all procurement requests are completed correctly and the duties of collecting
quotations is segregated amongst the team to prevent conflict of interest in line with
• Provide agenda and organize for all procurement committee (ITC) meetings with
suppliers, detailing minutes of committee meetings.
• Ensure the Conflict-of-Interest Policy is upheld throughout all processes of
procurement and report to manager any concerns regarding procurement processes.
• Manage the Approved Supplier List and ensure all suppliers uphold the terms and
conditions of the agreement and in need of sourcing or changing current agreements
organize procurement committee to facilitate any necessary additions and changes.
• Conduct price checks on all procurement conducted and manage the team to
negotiate strong value for money.
• Manage all supplies for the organization, ensuring the administration team are logging
all incoming and outgoing supplies and any discrepancies are investigated and
• Manage the process of procurement and delivery for project supplies to
office/sites/training/events, ensuring all items are logged in and any extra supplies are
returned back to the office and logged correctly where necessary.
• Organize quotations and payment of insurance and renew this annually.
• Maintain proper records of assets and inventory update disposal plan as necessary
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
• Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics, Business
Administration or Finance/Accounting with Logistics and procurement background
o Preferred: Masters’ Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain, Logistics or related
field will be an added advantage
• Required Certifications: Must be registered with PSPTB
o Preferred: CPSP qualification
• Required Work Experience: Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience in health
setting in a similar role
• Required Supervisory Experience: Minimum 4 years supervision of a team of at least
3 people in the relevant field
• Must have strong knowledge of supply chain management
• Highest level of integrity required.
• Negotiation skills are highly desirable
• Excellent communication skills, including writing and presentation skills.
• Fluent in both Kiswahili and English.
• Strong computer skills.
• Good writing and analytical skills
The position is contingent upon availability of grant funding. Columbia University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, religion, creed, national and ethnic origin, age, citizenship, status as a perceived or actual victim of domestic violence, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a Vietnam era or disabled veteran, or any other legally protected status.ow
The deadline for submitting the application is 24 October 2021.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.