Position: Research Officer (1 post)
Reports To: Project Leader / Study Coordinator
Work Station: Dar es Salaam
Apply By: September 23rd 2021
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
Ifakara is looking for a qualified and experienced Medical Doctor to fill a vacant position of Research Officer in the ANTICOV project. The Research Officer will join our research teams at one of the following regional referral hospitals in Dar es Salaam: Temeke, Amana or Mwananyamala.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare the site that has the standard facilities and qualified staff for the Clinical Trial.
- Ensure site meet standard required before conduct of study (Submission of documents completion of check list (updating) and responding to question addressed in collaboration with sponsor /designee.
- Participate in the development of study standard operating procedure and study
- Recruit, follow up as study scheduled as specified by each protocol and
- Ensure the documentation of follow up of adverse events, Serious Adverse Events until
- Respond and resolve all queries related to the study
- Ensure that protocol, standard operating procedures and all related study documents are well communicated and duly followed by all personnel involved in the
- Ensure that all ethical concerns in the protocols approved by the review board are duly followed in the
- Work in professional and ethical manner accountability and
- Attend community sensitization meeting to recruit study
- To write, present and publish research
- To train GCP and SOPs to other junior
- Carry out additional duties as assigned by Project
Qualification and Experience
Degree in medicine with experience working in clinical
Skills and Competencies
- Leadership and management Skills to run meeting and conflict resolution (effective in decision
- Interpersonal skills to minimize conflict and performance review/
- Communication writing and
- Adhere to Ifakara core values (transparency, accountability, respect, integrity and initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Thursday September 23rd 2021. All e-mail application subject lines should include: RESEARCH OFFICER – ANTICOV. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
About Ifakara Health Institute