Job Title: Project Officer Agroforestry
Job Reports to: Project Coordinator
Duty Station: Kondoa Town, with project activities in villages of Kondoa and Chemba Districts
Education: Bachelor’s degree in agroforestry or related fields
Experience: 3 years’ experience in mobilizing rural communities in field work with an ability to work under pressure, tight deadlines with less supervision. Fluency in Swahili and English both verbal and written is desirable.
Contract period: 1 Year renewable upon successful performance and funds’ availability
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish agroforestry interventions with organized farmer groups and public institutions e.g. schools, mosques, churches, etc. in the targeted villages under Institutional Capacity Building Project
- Identify and build capacity of communities and public institutions to establish forestry and fruit tree business nurseries as well as developing a training curriculum.
- Lead sensitization activities on climate change, mitigation and adaptation, and biodiversity conservation.
- Acting as key personnel for climate change adaption at INADES.
- Design, develop and manage the agroforestry section in the farmer managed demonstration fields.
- Knowledge and skills of monitoring, evaluation and reporting is important.
- Candidate with capacity to develop project ideas and fundraising is preferred
- Good driving skills of manual transmitted motor vehicles is an added advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications, including cover letter, resume and copies of academic certificates and testimonials should be sent to The Managing Director, INADES Formation Tanzania, P. 0. Box 203, Dodoma,
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.