Job Title: Project Officer Livestock
Job Reports to: Project Coordinator
Duty Station: Kondoa Town, with project activities in villages of Kondoa and Chemba Districts
Education: Bachelor’s degree in livestock husbandry or related fields
Experience: 3 years’ experience in mobilizing rural communities in field work with an ability to work under pressure, tight deadlines with less supervision. Fluency in Swahili and English both verbal and written is desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mobilize target communities to engage in effective climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies and biodiversity conservation for improved livelihoods of rural communities under a project on Adaptation to Climate
- Change for Improved Livelihoods
- Design and implement aspects of climate change adaptations in line with the improvement of communities’ traditional livestock husbandry practices
- Develop training curricula and conduct capacity building to farmer groups in small livestock husbandry practices and beekeeping.
- Build capacity of resource farmers (paravets) and extension officers
- Knowledge and skills of monitoring, evaluation and reporting of development projects.
- Candidate with capacity to develop project ideas and fundraising is preferred
- Good driving skills of manual transmitted motor vehicles is an added advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications, including cover letter, resume and copies of academic certificates and testimonials should be sent to The Managing Director, INADES Formation Tanzania, P. 0. Box 203, Dodoma,
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.