Regional Program Manager
The Regional Program Manager will be responsible for leading regional operations and oversee program implementation in all districts targeted by the Project in the Kagera region. S/he will work closely with Regional and District Health Management Teams (R/CHMTs) counterparts to set Regional and district priorities, and will provide leadership and management support to project staff and ensure they are working in a coordinated, rational and integrated way in the pursuit of Project deliverables. The Regional Program Manager will also coordinate with the USAID Boresha Afya Project Technical Leads to tailor assistance based on district needs and will engage other sectors at the district level. The person selected for this position will actively participate in regional RMNCAH and malaria policy and strategy discussions including planning and progress reviews with other stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Advanced degree in program management (e.g. MBA), healthcare management or other relevant field. Degree in clinical medicine or nursing desirable.
- At least 7 years demonstrated experience implementing and managing healthcare programs (This includes human resources, procurement and sub-grantee management, development of regional strategies, budget and work plans)
- Experience in managing a large office and professional staff
- Proven leadership in team building, and demonstrated ability to achieve results
- Extensive knowledge of the local health systemPrevious experience and understanding of USG funded programs
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: MNCH, Family Planning, and/or Postpartum Family Planning
- Demonstrated ability to develop working relationships with local government, key stakeholders and other agencies
- Demonstrated experience in writing quarterly and annual report, as well as documentation of program results
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Jhpiego offers a competitive package for selected candidates in line with salary history, academic qualifications and relevant experience.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
To apply please indicate the position title of the position you are applying for on the subject line of your e-mail. Applications should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, a cover letter and your salary history. Applications, which do NOT Include ALL of these elements, will NOT be considered.
All applications should be sent through email: USAIDBoreshaAfya.Applications@jhpiego.org Electronics applications are encouraged.
The subject on your application email should be the Title of the position you are applying for, so that we do not miss your application. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Jhpiego Is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply
Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For more than 46 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations. Jhpiego, implementing a number of projects in Tanzania.