Finance & Administrative Officer Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Deadline: 20 June 2019
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime
Finance & Administrative Officer Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
Purpose of the assignment
The Finance & Administrative Officer is responsible for the financial management, administration & human resource management of the country office in accordance with the Tanzanian legislation and KNCV HRM Manual.
The Finance & Administrative Officer supervises the Finance & Administrative Assistant.
Position in the organization
He/she will report directly to the Project Manager(s) and will maintain close communication and coordination with the headquarters’ office KNCV Finance and HRM division.
As Finance & Administrative Officer you will:
Support the Project Managers with financial, administrative and HR issues;
- Ensure the financial, administrative and human resource related policies and documents are updated and implemented;
- Supervise the Administrative Assistant;
- Ensure the accounting transactions are in accordance with local law, generally accepted Accounting Principles,
- KNCV and donor policies, and any cost principles imposed by KNCV or the projects;
- Support the Project Managers in development of project budgets and cash flow projections;
- Keep timely, complete and correct financial transactions;
- Facilitate accurate and timely submission of monthly financial reports; review monthly balance sheet reconciliations including bank reconciliation;
- Monitor availability of funds so that cash flow adequately supports project activities;
- Contact person for audits by internal and external auditors, and will provide support during audit and resolve audit queries;
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget; provide results of such analysis for project monitoring to the Project Managers and the headquarters’ office KNCV Finance Officer as required;
- Prepare the monthly payroll and ensure timely settlement of payroll deductions to the relevant reporting authorities;
- Produce all essential regulatory bodies’ statutory reports as per the required format and reporting timeline;
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements of the government, KNCV country office manual and other KCNV manuals, and donor requirements;
- Ensure the effective monitoring and tracking of project properties including maintenance and insurance of the inventory.
Who are we looking for?
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Management or CPA.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting, finance, administration and human resources, preferably with an international organization;
- Experience with donor funded projects in a public health related field preferred;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in planning, budgeting and forecasting, financial management and financial reporting;
- High degree of communications skills and sense of urgency particularly attuned to working well with non-finance professionals;
- Used to working in a fast-moving environment providing accurate and timely information of a high standard.
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Swahili;
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook;
- Knowledge of Exact accounting package and/or similar accounting software;
- Ability to efficiently organize work;
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently;
- Ability to cope with a high demanding work environment and to organize and prioritize workload;
- Ability to work with national and international teams.
What do we offer?
- A full time (40 hours) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own HR Manual.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click ”APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.