The Team Leader will be responsible for management of day-to-day Project activities and the quality delivery of all the Project Manager team’s work. The Team Leader will ensure that all tasks and activities are performed in a timely, professional manner, subject to appropriate review and approvals by the Secretariat, and that deliverables and other work products related to the Project will be clear, well thought out, complete and thoroughly checked for quality control. The Team Leader will be assisted in tasks by a Technical Officer. The position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and is contingent upon an award to Land O’Lakes International Development.
- Lead the process for project registration/approval in Tanzania.
- Assess and validate the Project design, to ensure alignment to the stated goals and objectives of the AgResults program.
- Develop Annual Work Plans to be submitted to the Secretariat for review and approval.
- Monitor and ensure that the Project Annual Work Plan is implemented.
- Prepare and submit Quarterly Performance Reports to track, identify and inform the Secretariat of all completed, in-flight and forecasted Project activities, and to propose Work Plan adjustments if needed.
- Identify and proactively report to the Secretariat on potential opportunities or problems that could impact Project implementation or the reputation risk of the Project, AgResults, the Secretariat or any other AgResults entity. The
- Team Leader should employ critical thinking to troubleshoot solutions, and recommend appropriate solutions, responses and next steps to the Secretariat before acting.
- Monitor and supervise the Project implementation, including, without limitation, for misuse of funds and fraud, implement misuse and fraud avoidance management processes.
- Manage annual lessons-learned exercises and submit the summary of these exercises to the Secretariat on a yearly basis.
- Ensure quality verbal and written reporting on Project operations as required.
- Maintain neutrality in all aspects of the facilitation of the Project, including impartiality toward the Competitors, and eschew influence by any pre-existing personal or professional relationships that would create an actual or perceived bias or unfair advantage for a Competitor or other stakeholder.
- Coordinate and provide reasonable support as needed to the Independent Evaluator to harmonize work plans and facilitate the Independent Evaluator’s work in assessing specific parameters and outcomes of the Project.
- Ensure that Project deliverables are met on a timely basis and keep the Secretariat informed of all delays or changes to the timeline.
- Coordinate the formation of the TAC and their input on technical matters throughout the course of the Project.
- Ensure that the members of the TAC are eligible to serve on and contribute to the Committee, do not face conflicts of interest, and otherwise comply with the requirements of this Agreement.
- Manage and oversee the competitor sourcing and sign-up process with the competitors. Support potential competitors in joining the AgResults contest by providing information on the prize structure and contest requirements.
- Develop a transparent dispute resolution mechanism for the Competitors and other Project participants and coordinate dispute resolution for approval by AgResults.
- Ensure effective stakeholder engagement, including government engagement, public outreach, and communications. Communicate as needed with competitors and the TAC on matters of Project operations, and report regularly to the Secretariat.
- Maintain neutrality in all aspects of the facilitation of the Project.
Collaborate with the Secretariat in the development and/or finalization of the verification process, as well as help with drafting the terms of reference for the Verifier and identifying Verifier candidates.
- Along with Secretariat, prepare a verification oversight plan, oversee, and perform spot checks of the sales audit tasks that the Verifier will perform.
- Liaise closely with the Project Verifier(s) to ensure consistency in work plan development, reporting, and to advise on verification processes with necessary.
- Collect and submit verification reports to the Secretariat, indicating the companies that should receive a payment and the payment amount based on the sales verification report.
- Provide operational support including administrative tasks, communications and reporting, outreach and research as may be required.
- Lead Project close out.
Perform other duties as assigned and needed by the Secretariat or the Steering Committee.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of seven years of experience managing international donor-funded projects and/or private sector-led initiatives, with Tanzania experience required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, animal science, dairy husbandry, economics, business, international development,or a related field. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating programs or projects that include public and private sector involvement.
- Proven ability to work independently; effectively manage time, competing priorities, and complex tasks; and identify opportunities and challenges and propose appropriate responses or solutions.
- Proven excellent project management and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience with positive stakeholder engagement, including the agribusiness private sector, international donors, and government officials.
- Experience overseeing monitoring and verification systems.
- Proficiency in MS Project, MS Outlook, MS Word and other Microsoft Office programs.
- Women candidates are encouraged.
- The position described above is contingent upon Activity award.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click ”APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Land O’Lakes International Development
Land O’Lakes International Development is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening agriculture from farm-to-fork, helping businesses grow, and linking farmers to markets. Since our start in 1981, we have been leveraging nearly 100 years of expertise in crop inputs, agricultural insights, dairy and animal nutrition from our close affiliate, Land O’Lakes, Inc., a farmer-owned agribusiness committed to fulfilling its purpose of feeding human progress.
Our team is made up of nearly 350 employees who are committed to market-led approaches, and passionate about collaborating locally to create lasting inclusive economic growth. By unlocking the potential of agriculture for the last 36 years, the lives of more than 3 million people have been transformed through nearly 300 programs in more than 80 countries.