Laterite is looking for brilliant and highly-motivated enumerators to assist with our fieldwork activities in Tanzania. This position is offered on a project-basis. Successful candidates will be added to our database and be contacted based on availability of positions. Enumerators will also benefit from training sessions aimed at improving their professional development.
Job Description & Key Responsibilities
As an enumerator, you will
- Actively participate and complete training;
- Test the survey instruments and the sampling strategy in the field;
- Conduct interviews in the field following the survey instruments;
- Perform duties as allocated by the field supervisor;
- Document issues that arise in the field and communicate them to the field supervisor;
- Take responsibility for tracking expenses and reporting them to the field supervisor;
- Assist in any other tasks related to the delivery of the project at hand as assigned by the field supervisor.
Ideal candidates have experience in collecting quantitative data using electronic data collection instruments, they are excellent communicators in English and Swahili, and they have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in any field. We also highly encourage individuals with field supervision experience to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- At least 3 months of experience with field data collection activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Swahili
- Must be Tanzania nationals
Please upload your CV and complete the application form via our online application form by November 28, 2021: https://form.jotform.com/213071907241549. After submitting your application, you will receive an email inviting you to complete a 30 minutes online assessment for which no special preparation is needed on November 29, 2021.
Successful candidates will be contacted with information regarding the next steps.
Laterite is a data, research, and technical advisory firm that helps clients understand and analyze complex development challenges. We work with universities, global think tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations, and government ministries and agencies. Our clients include, for example, the World Bank, USAID, TechnoServe, Promundo, the Mastercard Foundation, and several UN agencies.
Our network of offices currently includes the Netherlands, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania. The team brings together more than 60 full time local and international staff, as well as 1,000 enumerators across countries, in a dynamic work environment. We are proud to be a culturally diverse organization. Learn more: www.laterite.com