PROJECT MANAGER – Dar es Salaam
The Project Manager reports to the Projects Lead and is responsible for the management and coordination of the assigned donor-funded project. The Project Manager coordinates monitors and facilitates the activities of all donor funded project assigned; s/he develops, monitors, evaluates, implements and reviews effectiveness of donor project plans, design, strategies, policies and activities in line with the projects goals and objectives.
Among the Key Responsibilities:
- Participate in project Design;
- Coordinate planning process of the project
- Coordinate implementation of assigned project and facilitate or provide any operational support to field staff;
- Coordinate and participate in implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project;
- Coordinate and participate in project appraisal process;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Projects Lead
- Master’s Degree in social sciences (MPH, epidemiology, sociology, community development etc.). Candidates without Master’s degree will be considered if they present demonstrated experience of working as project manager for a period of at least three years;
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management cycle, Log Frame Analysis, work planning, budgeting, expenditure tracking system, financial and narrative reporting, documentation of lessons learnt and best practices and Results-Based Management tools;
- Demonstrated experience of working on BCC/IEC program, with experience working with and managing creative agencies
- Experience working with GAC funded projects will be a great advantage.
- 3 years’ experience on project/business management
- Experience of setting up, implementing and closing down projects
- Experience in managing youth, Gender issues, IEC and BCC related activities
- Contributing to the preparation and regular monitoring of project work plan, budgets and proposals
- Experience on financial management of Donor funded projects
- Development of project financial and narrative reports Working closely with other stakeholders including the
- Government Authorities at national, Regional, District and community levels
- Collaborating and Networking with other NGOSs/CSOs at national, local and international levels
- Experience in documentation of lessons learnt/success stories and best practice
- Experience of working on health-related/community development projects is desirable
- Ability to priorities complex workload and work independently
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Marie Stopes Tanzania
11 Kinyonga Street – Mwenge
P O. Box 7072, Dar Es Salaam.
Telephone: +255 22 2774991 / 4
VOIP +255 768 987 780
About Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST)
Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST), a local Non-Governmental Organization, is a social enterprise and a leading provider of family planning, sexual and reproductive health care and allied services. MST is a partner of the Government of Tanzania and a member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Global Partnership, which operates in over 37 countries worldwide. MST’s mission is that all women and men in Tanzania will have “Children by Choice, Not Chance”.