We are looking to appoint a Country Director who will be responsible for the oversight and management of Maternity Africa based at Kivulini Maternity Centre Arusha and its related outreach programs in Tanzania. The Director we are looking for is a highly accomplished energetic individual who will bring vision, professional excellence and proven leadership and management experience of Health institutions. The Director will lead an organization employing over 70 staff, including a number of short-term volunteer from outside Tanzania. He/she will report to a governing Board and be accountable for delivering the organization’s strategic Direction and goals.
To be successful, the position requires an individual with a demonstrated personal integrity, compassion, firmness, strong interpersonal and communication skills; and a team player.
- Strategy: Champion and provide leadership in rolling out MA’s strategy focusing on its Vision, Mission, Values and Key Strategic objectives, under the guidance of the Board of Directors.
- Management: Promote an organizational culture and ethos that reflects the values of MA and fosters integrity, professional excellence, superior performance which results in positive outcomes in all areas of the organization’s operations.
- Human Resource Management: Facilitate the process of attracting, motivating and retaining the highest quality staff while promoting a culture of continuous learning by ensuring that sound policies and practices are upheld.
- Financial management: Direct the development and management of the annual budget in line with approved strategic plans and objectives. Ensure that annual operational and financial audits are conducted and presented to the Board of Directors. To enforce compliance at all levels of systems, procedures, statutory and legal processes.
- External Engagements: To represent MA at forums related to our mission. Tofoster relationships between donors and stakeholders. To develop strong working relationships with relevant government departments, community and religious leaders.
- Governance Process: Act as Secretary to the Board of Directors, and in consultation with the Chair of the Board and of the Annual General Meeting (AGM), ensure that due Notices of Board meetings/AGM are timely; and that minutes of Board meetings and AGM are kept and that facilitation of Board members attendance at meetings are professionally handled.
Qualifications and specifications:
- Degree in Medicine or Advanced Diploma in Clinical Medicine from an accredited institution
- Training in management and administration of Health institutions
- Current Registration with relevant Tanzania Medical /Nursing and Midwifery Board(TNMC)
- At least five years of successful professional working and leadership/administration experience in a health institution at District or regional level.
- Demonstrable experience leading local and international professional teams in the health sector.
- Experience of working under a Board of Directors
- Experience in institution building and change leadership and management.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
- Interested applicants should send their application letter, CV, Copies of their certificates and testimonials demonstrating how their experience fits the position to the address below.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Position: Country Director
Reference Number: MA/HR/KAS/02/19
Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 16464