POSITION TITLE: Grants Officer (1 Post)
LOCATION: Head Office, Dar es salaam
REPORTS TO: Grants Manager
Position Summary: The Grants Officer will work closely with Program staff and Sub Grantee organizations/LGAs and assist them in planning, granting, budgeting and financial management. She/he will oversee Sub grantees’ financial reporting, budgeting, auditing and compliance to agreed guidelines, procedures and policies. Reporting to the Grants Manager, Grants Officer will be responsible to build the financial and budget management capacity of Sub grantees through training and support, improve the capacity of other MDH staff to understand and uphold both MDH’s and donors’ financial policies, regulations and procedures and proactively manage contracts and risk within respective projects and programmes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide grants management support to sponsored award portfolios at MDH.
2. Pre-award responsibilities include:
a) Participate in identifying funding opportunities that match with MDH work goals and search request.
b) Create and maintain systems for dissemination of information about external funding opportunities and other grant –related information for MDH use.
c) Provide guidance to MDH staff in planning, program design, budget development and evaluation of grants.
d) Write and/or assist with writing grant applications as appropriate.
e) Conduct one on one training and group workshops to develop and write grant proposals.
f) Track and report proposal submissions and progress.
g) Maintain and keep updated electronic grants data base for all submitted grants
3. Post-award duties include:
a) Develop and maintain a process to monitor grant compliance.
b) Assist with the monthly budget reconciliations and updates, final financial reporting to sponsoring agencies and internal sponsored programs office.
c) Coordinate timely effort reporting, working with sub grantees for monitoring of expenses to ensure appropriate expense allocation to sponsored awards.
d) Ensure compliance with Federal, State, granting agency and MDH regulations.
e) Maintain an updated database for all of the active grants with their timelines.
4. Identify grant related problems and initiate or recommend remedial action.
5. Maintain files both electronic and manual on MDH grant applications, both internal and external, and related correspondences, and compile statistics on MDH grant activities.
6. Conduct trainings and re-trainings to all subgrants in order to maximize compliance.
7. Compile monthly expenditure reports from all sub grants and liaise with MDH Central Office Finance staff to reconcile.
8. Perform any other work related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. Bachelor Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Business Management/Finance with information system or related field. 2. A minimum of Two (2) years of work experience with an NGO set up in Tanzania.
3. Excellent reasoning, organizational and analytical skills.
4. Experience in capacity building including training and skills development.
5. Very well-developed communication skills (written and spoken) in both English and Kiswahili.
6. Ability to prioritize own workload and deliver under tight deadlines.
7. Ability to work well both in a team and independently under minimal supervision.
8. Must be Computer literate – conversant with, Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, and other hand-held devices.
9. Possession of an Advanced certificate in excel is added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director by 19th October 2021. MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About MDH Tanzania
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.