POSITION TITLE: Public Relations (PR) Officer (1 Post)
LOCATION: Head Office, Dar es Salaam
REPORTS TO: Director of Strategic Information
Position Summary: The Public Relations Officer will be responsible in providing overall strategic leadership in documenting the project’s activities, impact and success stories in line with PEPFAR’s guidance. She/he will work in close collaboration with, administration and programs teams to identify, document and publish success stories related to projects work in supported regions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Proactively create and/or adapt content related to MDH’s activities, including stories, information education graphic materials, photos, advocacy images, contests, campaigns, audio, video, infographics and data visualization in cooperation with program team and adapt for social media, posting daily to respective channels.
2. Support documentation, review and submission of high impact success stories in line with PEPFAR’s success story guidance and submit annually for review, approval and publication in PEPFAR’s website
3. Provide support in regular update and management of MDH website and social media accounts.
4. Write features and success stories (both in English and Swahili) about the project’s results and impact in the country, based on field wok and relevant inputs.
5. Regularly update MDH social media accounts with field updates.
6. Monitor various sources for new content and information about what is happening in and around the MDH projects on a given period.
7. Attend events organized by MDH staff such as meetings, trainings and workshops to gather quotes, photos and videos for use during dissemination events.
8. Take photographs or make short videos at MDH and beyond, take active part in updating the MDH photo library for further use and for social media updates.
9. Research trends and interesting posts from partners and suggest retweets/regrams; monitor the social media accounts for followers’ comments and questions, and flag them to the MDH management.
10. Generate and analyze reports on web traffic using various tools such as Google analytics and other social media focused analytics and draft monthly statistics reports reflecting performance of MDH social media accounts.
11. Lead in identifying appropriate dissemination channels for various project outputs such as success stories, policy briefs and project report.
12. Work with administration team in preparation of communications materials for conferences, fora and events related to MDH’s core business.
13. Lead efforts to document MDH’s work, history and archiving for future use.
14. Support and train MDH technical staff on storytelling, documenting project’s best practices and lessons learnt.
15. Oversee adherence to MDH’s communication and branding policies.
16. Perform any other work related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. Bachelor Degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, Public Health, Marketing, Graphic design or related field.
2. Master’s Degree in a similar field will be an added advantage.
3. A minimum of Three (3) years’ working experience in public health communication, particularly in Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO).
4. Must have experience with documenting and writing success stories in line with PEPFAR’s guidance.
5. Excellent communication skills and fluent in speaking both Swahili and English languages.
6. Excellent writing skills and ability to write concise reports.
7. Excellent planning and organizational skills with demonstrated administrative skills in organizing high-level meetings, workshops and seminars.
8. Proven ability to manage diverse and complex tasks, with tight deadlines.
9. Command of all Microsoft applications, various software, graphic design programmes and social media platforms.
10. Experience with graphic design, ability to create designs for digital media purposes in online graphic design programmes, such as Canva, Poster MyWall, Filmora etc.
Other additional skills and experiences:
1. Demonstrated experience in maintaining social media accounts, especially Instagram and Twitter. Experience with new media executions will be an advantage.
2. Intermediate experience using photo and video editing software such as Adobe photoshop, Premiere, Light room and after effects.
3. Demonstrated experience in developing compelling stories to generate response from audiences online.
4. Experience with developing short and catchy photo captions, and descriptions for use on websites and social media platforms.
5. Experience in translating technical HIV/AIDS project reports into simple information for public consumption.
6. Experience with reviewing project reports and translating into simple visualization of qualitative and quantitative information.
7. Must have an active presence in major social media platforms, including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
8. Ability to take high quality photographs and videos, and photo/video editing skills using software mentioned above.
9. Ability to take ownership of all responsibilities, honoring commitments and delivering timely outputs within prescribed time.
10. Advanced skills in using latest mobile and web technologies.
11. Display of cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, age sensitivity and adaptability.
12. Consistent approach to work with energy and a positive constructive attitude.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director by 19th October 2021. MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About MDH Tanzania
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.