POSITION TITLE: Senior Community Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
LOCATION: Head Office, Dar es Salaam
REPORTS TO: Director of Strategic Information (DSI)
Position Summary: The Senior Community Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will work under the Strategic Information Director to review, recommend, and advise on program’s set performance targets on weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis in order to ensure close monitoring of the program’s performance on all intended goals and objectives in a timely manner. She/he will work with Community Data Managers to verify/validate data/reports from all sites and summaries of all program indicators then inform the program Strategic Director on all observed underperformances and challenges that in the data indicating poor /less than targeted per any described period and probable reasons. She/he is expected to play a key role in ensuring reports on program performance is available on time to report, address gaps and guide programmatic decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. The Senior Community M&E Manager is responsible in coordination of all program’s data and reports from all supported health facilities generated routine reports /summaries of all program indicators.
2. Lead and provide technical support in adaptation and implementation of the program’s monitoring and evaluation framework including understanding and integrating set performance indicators in routine facility meetings.
3. Facilitate integration of data and workflow from the community program to facility for continuation of care.
4. Oversee community data collection system development, improvement, and adoption across all regions.
5. Oversee data quality assurance activities across all supported areas by identifying key challenges, proposing, and overseeing strategies to address them.
6. Review to validate routine and as per demand reports from all supported facilities.
7. Provide program summaries and work with field data teams to build capacity to provide summaries of the performance indicators each quarter.
8. Work with Data Managers/Officers to develop and present quarterly, semiannual, and annual program performance reports to program team and R/CHMTS during program review meetings.
9. Provide required program progress/indicators and reports for the PEPFAR/CDC and the government.
10. Work in collaboration with PEPFAR/CDC and MoHCDGEC to provide needed technical assistance in strengthening the national HIV M&E system in the community settings.
11. Coordinate reporting activities during reporting period.
12. Perform a final review and verification of the quality and completeness of the quantitative monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports for PEPFAR/CDC and MOHCDGEC for the community project.
13. Facilitate utilization of reports at community, site and district level for program planning, management, and evaluation.
14. Build the capacity of R/CHMTs, site manager and health workers to use program reports for decisions making more especially in annual financial planning and in quality improvement activities.
15. Perform any other work related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. Master’s Degree in Statistics, M&E, Epidemiology, or equivalent from a recognized institution.
2. A minimum of Five (5) years demonstrated experience with data management, designing M&E systems and implementation particularly in the community program setting.
3. Demonstrated experience with designing M&E plans, framework, tools, testing and implementing them in the field.
4. Demonstrated experience with Advanced excel tools such as Power PIVOT, VLOOKUP, etc.
5. Strong knowledge in PEPFAR reporting system (DATIM) and MER indicators.
6. Strong knowledge in Tanzania HIV data management systems especially CTC-2, CTC-3 and DHIS-2.
7. Experience with handling large data sets and analysis using Stata, SAS, R etc.
8. Demonstrated experience working with MoHCDGEC in improving community M&E system and participation in M&E Technical working groups.
9. Demonstrated experience with M&E capacity building to program and Government of Tanzania staff.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director by 19th October 2021. MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About MDH Tanzania
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.