POSITION TITLE: Senior Community Services Manager
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam Region
REPORTS TO: Deputy Director of Programs (DDP – SD)
Position Summary: The Community Services Senior Manager (CSM)is a senior technical expert on the community and key and vulnerable population (KVP) program. She/he will provide technical leadership and advice on the recommended community HIV prevention, ART and KVP services including Index and Mobile HIV Testing Services (HTS), HIV Self Testing (HIVST) and Social Network Testing (SNT); Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP); Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC), community ART, patient tracking and continuity of care, and other services. She/he will support MDH Regional teams to implement the community and KVP program successfully, and liaise with the Government, donor and other key stakeholders as needed and guided by her/his supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Lead development, implementation, oversight and reporting of MDH’s community KVP program work plan and ensure synergies with other MDH programs/ services.
2. Support MDH regional teams to implement and scale-up of recommended community-based HIV prevention and KVP programs and services including Index and mobile HTS, HIVST, SNT, PrEP, SBCC, community ART, and patient tracking and continuity of care.
3. Provide technical leadership in development of Social, Behavioral Change Communication (SBCC) interventions and materials
4. Provide technical leadership and capacity building to MDH regional program teams, R/CHMTs, CSOs and other key stakeholders on the implementation of MDH’s community program and other SBCC interventions.
5. Lead MDH efforts to contribute to develop, review and disseminate national guidelines, SOPs, IECs, training manuals, M&E and others tools on the community, SBCC and KVP programming.
6. Lead monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) of MDH’s community program including data collection, quality assurance, analysis, reporting and ensure data-driven programming.
7. Support MDH team, MOHCDGEC, PORALG and R/CHMTs to conduct feedback meetings with key stakeholders to reflect on the community program implementation and outcomes.
8. Lead analysis, documentation and dissemination of MDHs’ community program outcomes and best practices via abstracts, posters, manuscripts, policy briefs, presentations, and others.
9. Lead efforts to identify gaps in community HIV and KVP program, design and implement continuous quality improvement (CQI) initiatives and operational research to address gaps.
10. Contribute towards expanding MDH’s portfolio in SBCC and other public health programs through writing grants and operational research proposals. 11. Perform any other work related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences.
2. Master’s Degree in public health, community development and/or related field.
3. A minimum of Five (5) years of work experience in community HIV, SBCC and KVP programs and services.
4. Demonstrable leadership experience in public health programs and services with competencies in supervising individuals and teams to deliver intended outcomes.
5. Experience in Health Communication and Prevention programming including Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC).
6. Experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Data Analysis, Interpretation, Utilization, CQI and Operational research in the health sector.
7. Fluent in both written and spoken English and Swahili Languages.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director by 19th October 2021. MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About MDH Tanzania
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.