POSITION TITLE: Senior Laboratory Officer – EQA
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam
REPORTS TO: Laboratory Project Manager
Position Summary: The Senior Laboratory Project Officer – EQA is a self-motivated individual who will work in close collaboration with the MoHCDGEC though NHL-QATC, R/CHMTs and Development Partners to guarantee provision of effective national support in HIV EQA program. He/ She will ensure the highest technical, logistical and administrative performance of the HIV EQA laboratory projects in supporting the National Health laboratory services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work with NHL-QATC to ensure timely production and distribution of EQA/PT samples to the testing facilities, collection and analysis of EQA, timely release of EQA/PT performance reports to the testing points and appropriate authorities.
2. Expand coverage and participation of EQA/PT programs for HIV RT, VL and EID to all facilities and testing points and development of QA program for internal quality control for all HIV related laboratory tests at all laboratory levels.
3. Design and implement supervisions, training and mentorship programs to improve participation and performance of facilities and HCWs on EQA/PT. 4. Design and implement regular orientations, sensitizations and review meetings to objectively enhance the uptake and performance of the EQA/PT and HIV rapid testing CQI at all laboratory levels.
5. Provide technical support to NHL-QATC in enhancing and maintaining functionality and operation of the EQA/PT informatics system for easily collection and management of the PT data and real time tracking of participation on PT.
6. Coordinates stakeholders (CHMTs, RHMTs, IPs, NHL-QATC, MoHCDGEC, e.t.c) efforts in project implementation to ensure appropriate levels of technical assistance in program interventions.
7. In collaboration with the data officer, participate in preparation of M&E quarterly based feedback reports to MoHCDGEC, RHMTs, CHMTs and IPs. 8. Organize and conduct Stakeholders meeting to share EQA updates on Quarterly basis.
9. Ensure effective execution of the approved workplan and budget to achieve the set targets.
10. Prepare, review and submit progress reports weekly, monthly, quarterly and as needed.
11. Participate in the development of workplan and budget.
12. Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. A Degree or Master’s degree in Medical Laboratory or Biomedical science and other related skills.
2. Additional training in the Laboratory management, Laboratory Quality Management or public health will be an added advantage.
3. A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in working with PEPFAR funded programs in Laboratory management position or in implementing ISO 150189 standards especially in HIV care and treatment settings.
4. Experience in analyzing and presenting Laboratory data in different forums.
5. Experience to work with the various stakeholders including R/CHMTs and other Government entities
6. Experience in organizing/coordinating high level meetings and trainings that involves different stakeholders.
Other Special Qualifications/Skills
1. Proficiency in Microsoft office especially Excel or any other statistical software for data analysis
2. Results oriented individual with ability to meet set target with competing priorities
3. Ability to work both as individual and as a team with minimum supervision
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director by 10th October 2021. MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
About MDH Tanzania
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.