POSITION: Regional Clinical and Strategic Information Manager (1 Post)
LOCATION: Tabora Region
REPORTS TO: Regional Project Manager (RPM)
Position Summary: The Regional Clinical and Strategic Information Manager (RCSIM) will be responsible for providing overall technical support in program implementation and Strategic Information activities at regional, district, community and facility site level. She/he will be responsible to the RPM and will work in close collaboration with the relevant region and district level health management teams in program implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Clinical Services Support:
1. Provide technical leadership to supported Afya Kwanza Project programs including HIV Testing (HTS) Services, PMTCT, Care and Treatment (C&T), TBHIV integration, Laboratory Support, Supply Chain Management and Retention and Community Linkages, QI initiatives and Data Management in the assigned region.
2. Oversee needs assessment, on HIV and related programs in the region and organize efforts to address these needs including areas of capacity building through on-job training, mentorship and supportive supervision and health system strengthening in collaboration with the R/DACCs.
3. In collaboration with the RPM, the RCSIM is responsible for the timely development of efficient work plans for the region and the monitoring of the progress versus planned activities and targets in these work plans.
4. Lead and oversee implementation, monitoring and reporting of ART Retention, TB/HIV and Community linkage services in the region under the Afya Kwanza project.
5. Lead efforts in identification of gaps in ART retention, TB and community-based services; design and implement/oversee PHE, secondary data analyses and CQI initiatives to address these gaps; and write abstracts, posters manuscripts, and policy briefs to widely disseminate findings.
6. Provide technical assistance to the Regional and district health management teams, QI teams and HFs in planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of CQI and PHE initiatives.
7. Lead implementation of CQI and PHE initiatives to address key program, donor and national priorities, including index HIV testing, focused PITC, differentiated service delivery models (SDMs), ART retention and viral load suppression in line with national guidelines.
8. In collaboration with the RPM, the RCSIM is responsible for distribution, follow up and weekly/monthly monitoring of set targets of key performance indicators by the region, districts and respective health facility.
9. Identify, engage and facilitate strategic collaboration with existing and new partners, in HIV and related services so as to maximize reach and impact of Afya Kwanza project activities in the region.
10. Collaborate with RPM, grants team and District Project Mangers in reviewing district sub-grantees’ proposals and ensure implementation as per budgeted workplan so as to assure realistic target setting and adequate allocation of resources.
11. Lead efforts in writing technical program documents including project proposals, work-plans, reports, best practices, lessons learned, and other relevant documents as required.
Strategic Information Support:
1. The RCSIM will work closely with M&E and Data Units in assuring data and quality of reporting is up to required standards and in using M&E approach for effective program management.
2. Provide technical assistance in strengthening the national M&E system for both HIV testing services, Care and treatment services, PMTCT, TB/HIV, Retention and Community Linkage services.
3. Ensure timely collection and submission of national HIV services and program data – as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems. 4. Oversee efforts to robustly analyse and utilize program data to inform plans, priorities and resource allocation, write reports, best practices and lessons learnt for wider dissemination and also for program evaluation.
5. Responsible in coordinating timely program monitoring and reporting activities for HTS, C&T, TB/HIV and PMTCT programs by districts at regional level for efficient data collection, compilation and timely reporting at site level.
6. Participate in periodic data quality assessment activities to track progress in data management at individual facilities, district and regional level.
7. Perform a final review and verification of the quality and completeness of the quantitative quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports from respective region, district and facilities.
8. Ensure programmatic trainings conducted are done timely, are of national standards following the national curriculum and are recorded timely in trainsmart.
9. Oversee and ensure all ICT equipment are procured and recorded accordingly with periodic inventory done on ICT materials at regional, district and facility level.
10. Perform any other work-related duty as may be assigned by supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. Bachelor Degree in Medicine or related Health field with current registration from the Medical Council of Tanzania.
2. Master’s Degree in public health, epidemiology, Monitoring and Evaluation or related field.
3. At least Six (6) years of experience in public health programs/services.
4. Experience with community HIV and KVP programs and services will be an added advantage.
5. Demonstrable leadership experience in public health programs and services with competencies in supervising individuals and lead teams to deliver intended outcomes.
6. Working experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, Data Analysis and Interpretation in the health sector.
7. Fluent in both written and spoken English and Swahili Languages.
8. Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines.
9. Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director by 19th October 2021. MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About MDH Tanzania
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.